Nike to make Kits

FT doesn't quite say that, it says...

The premier league leaders will switch from Umbro to its parent company after the 2012/13 season. Nike would not confirm reports of a £26m a year figure, which would top Liverpool FC’s £25m a year deal with Warrior Sports.

However, every newspaper has a different figure. Lowest I've seen being £12million in the Telegraph and rising from there in the other papers up to the "possible" £26million in the FT.

Daniel Taylor usually seems to have the best connections at the club but hasn't written anything about it yet.

LoveCity said:

The premier league leaders will switch from Umbro to its parent company after the 2012/13 season. Nike would not confirm reports of a £26m a year figure, which would top Liverpool FC’s £25m a year deal with Warrior Sports.

However, every newspaper has a different figure. Lowest I've seen being £12million in the Telegraph and rising from there in the other papers up to the "possible" £26million in the FT.

Daniel Taylor usually seems to have the best connections at the club but hasn't written anything about it yet.

I would think we've have added a few quid on and plus keeping it the original length of the contract we still have the flexibility to increase its value once we have a full trophy cabinet.

Just thinking about why Nike have now taken on the supply of the shirts. Is it that Umbro are having a bit of financial difficulty?

Just speculating again do you reckon this has something to do with our potential new CEO?

Umbro have been superb but this was bound to happen (sooner then I expected). They are a subsidiary so it's a nice smooth transition, we can only hope Nike do a good job as others have pointed out.

One thing I would like to say is that Nike is clearly a mixed bag, they produce great pieces like the French NT comes to mind, then there are disasters like Brazil's last kit and those rag kits always look like shite.

The move is obvious though, Nike are the biggest sports brand world-wide and we will definitely sell more and raise revenues. On the plus side for us supporters even if the kits aren't superb they will be making a lot of other training gear (although to be fair Umbro made quite a lot) for us to choose from.

LoveCity said:

My apologies

Never the less if it's in the £20m range it's a great move by City, that's a huge jump.

unlikelyfan19 said:
For all those asking about why we can't stay with Umbro. (This is my guess). The reason that the bigger clubs jump to Nike or Adidas, is because they have the worldwide infrastructure within their businesses to mass produce/market/advertise everywhere in the world. They have departments in every part of the world that can support the sponsorship of our club. Umbro doesn't have that currently.

(at least to the extent that is needed)

They could build that by staying with us maybe ? if they have the will to push on that is.

We are growing and would see it as a progression together of sorts.

MCC said:
Not read any of the thread but don`t they normally just back one team in a two club city? Or do they also see the split between Trafford and Manchester?

I think that is Adidas mate.

carlos92 said:
MCC said:
Not read any of the thread but don`t they normally just back one team in a two club city? Or do they also see the split between Trafford and Manchester?

Shame we didn't go with Adidas, they've done some excellent kits.

20sbc07 said:
carlos92 said:
MCC said:

Shame we didn't go with Adidas, they've done some excellent kits.

True but I think it would of meant re-negotiating the contract and probably get less money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.