Nir Biton

CTID101 said:
Posted in the other thread..

AxDQjfICEAI5WBc.jpg

Its the new training kit he has on so i expect a deal is about to be closed?

I guess he will come over to the pre-season tours and then go out on loan.

I'm not so sure. We might keep him an play him off the bench, maybe instead of Milner. I reckon he could turn into a Barry from what I've seen, so keeping him here so he can learn from Barry would make sense.

Is Israel in the EU? Not sure, if not, he'll have to be loaned out to somewhere like Belgium for 3 years until he gains citizenship, then he can move here. Yes, I understand I should know this, but you know, I'm an idiot.

blutomato42 said:
CTID101 said:

AxDQjfICEAI5WBc.jpg

I'm not so sure. We might keep him an play him off the bench, maybe instead of Milner. I reckon he could turn into a Barry from what I've seen, so keeping him here so he can learn from Barry would make sense.

Is Israel in the EU? Not sure, if not, he'll have to be loaned out to somewhere like Belgium for 3 years until he gains citizenship, then he can move here. Yes, I understand I should know this, but you know, I'm an idiot.
He'd have to get a work permit, i know a Israeli and he needed to get a WP. Im pretty sure he failed to get a WP in January too.

10robinho10 said:
blutomato42 said:
CTID101 said:

AxDQjfICEAI5WBc.jpg

He'd have to get a work permit, i know a Israeli and he needed to get a WP. Im pretty sure he failed to get a WP in January too.

I'm pretty sure he's played for Israel in the past, and he's only gonna play for them more if he comes to us, so I can't see why he shouldn't be given one. It is about international appearances isn't it?

An alternative would be to loan him out to somewhere like Belgium so he can gain EU nationality, then would be able to play here anyway.

The way i understand work permits is that to automatically pass the player must have played in 75% of his country's international over the last two years and the country must be ranked in the top 70 of fifas rankings(think that where McDonald Mariga failed kenya are outside the top 100) the decision can be appealed and a panel will meet and decide if the player is "an outstanding talent and will improve the game in England" but the problem for us is that david gill is on the board!

dachoosen1 said:
The way i understand work permits is that to automatically pass the player must have played in 75% of his country's international over the last two years and the country must be ranked in the top 70 of fifas rankings(think that where McDonald Mariga failed kenya are outside the top 100) the decision can be appealed and a panel will meet and decide if the player is "an outstanding talent and will improve the game in England" but the problem for us is that david gill is on the board!

Conspiracy I say!

So he's only played twice for em I think or that might be Assulin. Actually yeah we got him from Barca, he hasn't played much for Israel, dunno how that works. Where are Israel ranked?

dachoosen1 said:

Yeah that is a problem, he obviously wont pass automatically as he has only played twice for his NT, I think he looks good enough to qualify as an oustanding talent, the Rags used that to get Hernandez and they must have used it to get the Da silvas as they never made an appearance for Fluminense. I think that Gill being on the board should be looked at, is he allowed to sit on hearings involving Man Utd?

If we can't get him through the normal fair channels though maybe we will have to play the scum at their own game and put a word in with David Berstein to give Biton the green light.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
dachoosen1 said:

Yeah that is a problem, he obviously wont pass automatically as he has only played twice for his NT, I think he looks good enough to qualify as an oustanding talent, the Rags used that to get Hernandez and they must have used it to get the Da silvas as they never made an appearance for Fluminense. I think that Gill being on the board should be looked at, is he allowed to sit on hearings involving Man Utd?

If we can't get him through the normal fair channels though maybe we will have to play the scum at their own game and put a word in with David Berstein to give Biton the green light.

Yeah, apparently the agent says their going to apply as an Outstanding Talent.

And they should not allow Gill on the panel for any of United's or their rival's hearings, because he's obviously going to be biased. He's not gonna want to let good players like Biton come to City. It's a suicide mission in Surrey.

When we got refused a work permit for Mariga, one of the most vocal City haters in the English media was on the three-man board that rejected it. David Platt.

In hindsight they did us a favour as Mariga has turned out nothing special but at the time it was a kick in the teeth.

Would not surprise me if the same happened with Biton, with people like David Pleat and Dave Bassett on the panel are we likely to get any favours like the rags did with Manucho? Might have to farm him to Belgium and get his profile higher so Israel cap him regularly, making a work permit easier to get.

LoveCity said:
When we got refused a work permit for Mariga, one of the most vocal City haters in the English media was on the three-man board that rejected it. David Platt.

In hindsight they did us a favour as Mariga has turned out nothing special but at the time it was a kick in the teeth.

Would not surprise me if the same happened with Biton, with people like David Pleat and Dave Bassett on the panel are we likely to get any favours like the rags did with Manucho? Might have to farm him to Belgium and get his profile higher so Israel cap him regularly, making a work permit easier to get.

That's what I said three hours ago. You've used my point to prove a point to me. That's what rags do ;).

And yeah, or wait until he gains Belgian nationality, 3 years I think, then we don't need a work permit. He can play anywhere in the EU then.

LoveCity said:

How about signing him, sending him on loan to belgium and then giving a brown envelope to somebody in the Israeli NT to get him some caps. I suppose it is wrong any way you look at it but if there is going to be cunts like Gill and "Adebayor, he reminds me of the great man utd striker Dwight Yorke" David Pleat then I say fuck it if we try playing fair and lose when the Rags can get a couple of mediocre fullbacks from Brazil then I guess until we are a part of the establishment then we have to bend the rules to get what we want until we are part of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.