No City sub heard Tevez refuse to play....

Dubai Blue said:
mcfc2112 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Clear as day to the entire stadium, broadcasters and the rest of the watching world that he refused to take the field.

From where I was in the stadium on Tuesday it wasn't clear at all. I had no idea anything was "wrong".

And having watched it from Sky+ last night it wasn't clear to the commentators either, who only started going on about it after Mancini's interview.
I watched it on Al Jazeera and they had someone feeding updates from the bench. So while we couldn't see what was going on we were being told that Tevez was acting the twat, and then that it had also all kicked off with Zab.

The one thing that has troubled me about all of this is Milner's reaction when Tevez moves to get up and is promptly told to sit back down again. He looks over at Tevez with a look that says "Eh? What the fuck's his problem?" in relation to whoever told him to sit down (presumably Mancini). It's only a small thing, but that one look suggests to me that none of the players really knew what was going on.

I noticed that. Looked like confusion, also, Kolarovs reaction, he tries to re-assure Tevez. Strange events. The thing is, it was just a substitution, not like it's a new thing for footballers. Maybe Tevez felt he was being dicked about and threw a strop. That's the job though, innit.

Lets put a new perspective on this:

You work in a packing factory and your boss asks one of your colleagues to pack a box, he refuses and is dragged up to HR for discaplinary action. You are called as a witness to basically get your colleague sacked for gross misconduct. Now you can either a) tell all, your friend gets the sack and not one of your other colleagues will ever trust you again for basically 'grassing' on him or b) defend him, your friend keeps his job but then your boss is now gunning for you for making him look like a prick or c) say you didn't see the incident.

Well I know for a fact that I would take the 'sit on the wall' option of c as I would not want to put myself in the other two. I can totally understand what the other players have done and do not blame them one bit.

Zabba has to potentially work with Bobby for the next 5 years and also has to play with Tevez in the Argentinian squad for the same period of time. He has had time to think and fair play to the lad for the route he has taken.

We all know the truth and hopefully the physio's story is the one that will hold water with our owners and Tevez will be found out for what he is.

GXCity said:
Lets put a new perspective on this:

You work in a packing factory and your boss asks one of your colleagues to pack a box, he refuses and is dragged up to HR for discaplinary action. You are called as a witness to basically get your colleague sacked for gross misconduct. Now you can either a) tell all, your friend gets the sack and not one of your other colleagues will ever trust you again for basically 'grassing' on him or b) defend him, your friend keeps his job but then your boss is now gunning for you for making him look like a prick or c) say you didn't see the incident.

Well I know for a fact that I would take the 'sit on the wall' option of c as I would not want to put myself in the other two. I can totally understand what the other players have done and do not blame them one bit.

Zabba has to potentially work with Bobby for the next 5 years and also has to play with Tevez in the Argentinian squad for the same period of time. He has had time to think and fair play to the lad for the route he has taken.

We all know the truth and hopefully the physio's story is the one that will hold water with our owners and Tevez will be found out for what he is.

sit them down, tell them to write out exactly what they saw and don't make them put their name on it, box it up and send it to the boss if they're so worried about Carlos and Kia doing them in for it.

It's quite simple really... if he didn't refuse to play, why didn't he run onto the pitch when asked to?

i reckon every player has been told to keep quiet.

so when the press approach it's a "i didn't see anything" scenario.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A story in complete contradiction to Zabaleta's quotes yesterday where he concedes he didn't know why Tevez wouldn't play.

The players have all been briefed and warned to say nowt.

Nobody is getting Nowt.

nelson.png

I see no ships.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.