No City sub heard Tevez refuse to play....

bzekosilva said:
Manchester City have been plunged into a new crisis after it emerged none of the substitutes on the bench in Munich actually heard Carlos Tevez refuse to play.
The news will throw the club into fresh turmoil, because it contradicts allegations made against the striker by boss Roberto Mancini.
And it backs up claims made by the Argentinian that he told Mancini he was ready to play.
The news will cast doubt on City's ability to discipline Tevez without facing legal claims from the player and his adviser, Kia Joorabchian.
City are expected to take evidence from Costel Pantillimon, Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Aleksandar Kolarov - the other subs who were sitting alongside Tevez at the Allianz Arena - as well as Edin Dzeko, who had been replaced by Nigel De Jong, shortly before the incident.
They are all believed to accept that Tevez said he had already warmed up and did not need to do so again.
But none of them will confirm they heard him say he would not go on to replace Samir Nasri - which is the accusation levelled at him by Mancini.
.......right okay so thats why Zaba reacted the way he did a calm mild mannered soul....
'I don't deserve this treatment & I don't have the manager's backing'
- Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez explains why he refused to play for Roberto Mancini against Bayern Munich

The Argentine insists his head was not in the right place to play in Munich and believes that he should be held in higher regard after ending as the club's top scorer last term

28 Sep 2011 19:48:00
By Andrew Kennedy

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has responded to Roberto Mancini’s statement that the Argentine will never play for the club again by suggesting that he does not have the backing of his Italian boss, insisting he doesn't deserve such treatment.
Mancini looked visibly shaken by an exchange of words with Tevez during Tuesday’s 2-0 away defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions Leagues, with the 46-year-old later claiming the forward had refused to warm-up and play as a substitute in Munich.

The former Manchester United and West Ham player now looks unlikely to feature again for the Eastlands outfit, but still insists he is happy at the club - despite a division of opinion with Mancini.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Tevez said: "Those are decisions which he makes and I agree with that. It's just I have been professional up until now. I was the top goalscorer last season so I don't think I deserve this treatment.

"Yes I wanted to leave. I asked to leave because I had family problems but now my family is here and I'm happy, but I don't have the manager's backing."

The 27-year-old also suggested that his refusal to warm-up was due to illness and that, when called upon, his head "wasn’t in the right place".

"I didn't want to warm up because I wasn't feeling very well so I thought it was better not to," he continued.

"So I didn't think I was in a good situation to come on because my head wasn't in the right place."

On SSN this morning it showed ZB speaking to CT in a stern fashion then CT stood up as if to open his jacket but was then called out of shot and quickly sat down, seemingly told to.

If Tevez gets his head down, and shows some commitment to the club and his team mates, then he can go on and play football.

maybe if you get hired to be City manager... since that won't happen again, quoted won't happen too. He'll never play Man City match ever, regardless of his possible apologies and showing commitments (him showing commitments is SF anyway, the only team he would show commitment was the trafford one but he was not wanted there).

Carlos The Jackass Can Ruin Our Season - De Jong
Published 28/09/11 By David McDonnell

Nigel De Jong has urged Manchester City to decide Carlos Tevez's fate before the striker's disloyalty and crass self-indulgence undermines their entire season.
City's players are fed up with Tevez's petulant antics - the latest of which saw the striker refuse to come off the bench as a sub in Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.
There is now anger on the same scale among the City squad over Tevez's refusal to play in Munich, with many players finally losing patience with their controversial team-mate.
Dutch midfielder De Jong, a straight-talking character, said the situation involving Tevez must be resolved before it turns into another saga that detracts from what the team is trying to achieve.
"Yes, you always have to address them quickly. You can't continue talking about the same things for weeks and weeks," said De Jong.
Everyone knows what's happening at Manchester City, because it's Manchester City - especially when things like this happen - but we've just got to keep ourselves focused, keep the concentration in the group as well and with the staff.
"Everyone is proud of this Manchester City. I didn't see the whole situation [involving Tevez in Munich] and can't have a good judgement about it.
"It is what it is at the moment. There are a lot of emotions going on, there is a lot of pressure on the players and staff and these things sometimes happen.
"There are always some bust-ups and things like that in dressing-rooms. That happens at big teams. Every big team has it.
"It's not only us. Barcelona. Real Madrid. You have things happening behind the scenes. We just have to see what happens in the coming days."

Tevez's close friend and compatriot Pablo Zabaleta, who sat next to him on the bench in Munich and witnessed first-hand the striker's extraordinary conduct, painted a picture of a troubled soul.
Zabaleta contradicated Tevez's statement, released on Wednesday morning, in which the striker insisted he had not refused to play and that there had merely been a misunderstanding between himself and Mancini.

"Carlos just didn't want to play," said Zabaleta, who, despite his friendship with Tevez, said players had a duty to respect Mancini's decisions as their manager, even if they did not agree with them.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Carlos-Tevez-s-refusal-to-come-on-as-a-sub-could-wreck-Manchester-City-s-season-says-Nigel-de-Jong-article805513.html#ixzz1ZQUapZWx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... z1ZQUapZWx</a>

johnny crossan said:
Carlos The Jackass Can Ruin Our Season - De Jong
Published 28/09/11 By David McDonnell

Nigel De Jong has urged Manchester City to decide Carlos Tevez's fate before the striker's disloyalty and crass self-indulgence undermines their entire season.
City's players are fed up with Tevez's petulant antics - the latest of which saw the striker refuse to come off the bench as a sub in Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.
There is now anger on the same scale among the City squad over Tevez's refusal to play in Munich, with many players finally losing patience with their controversial team-mate.
Dutch midfielder De Jong, a straight-talking character, said the situation involving Tevez must be resolved before it turns into another saga that detracts from what the team is trying to achieve.
"Yes, you always have to address them quickly. You can't continue talking about the same things for weeks and weeks," said De Jong.
Everyone knows what's happening at Manchester City, because it's Manchester City - especially when things like this happen - but we've just got to keep ourselves focused, keep the concentration in the group as well and with the staff.
"Everyone is proud of this Manchester City. I didn't see the whole situation [involving Tevez in Munich] and can't have a good judgement about it.
"It is what it is at the moment. There are a lot of emotions going on, there is a lot of pressure on the players and staff and these things sometimes happen.
"There are always some bust-ups and things like that in dressing-rooms. That happens at big teams. Every big team has it.
"It's not only us. Barcelona. Real Madrid. You have things happening behind the scenes. We just have to see what happens in the coming days."

Tevez's close friend and compatriot Pablo Zabaleta, who sat next to him on the bench in Munich and witnessed first-hand the striker's extraordinary conduct, painted a picture of a troubled soul.
Zabaleta contradicated Tevez's statement, released on Wednesday morning, in which the striker insisted he had not refused to play and that there had merely been a misunderstanding between himself and Mancini.

"Carlos just didn't want to play," said Zabaleta, who, despite his friendship with Tevez, said players had a duty to respect Mancini's decisions as their manager, even if they did not agree with them.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Carlos-Tevez-s-refusal-to-come-on-as-a-sub-could-wreck-Manchester-City-s-season-says-Nigel-de-Jong-article805513.html#ixzz1ZQUapZWx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... z1ZQUapZWx</a>
Great headline, but its also absolute bollox claiming that De Jong used the word Jackass.

MotownBlue said:
edgecroft said:
From the Mirror, from yesterday, direct quote from Zabs:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Carlos-Tevez-s-refusal-to-come-on-as-a-sub-could-wreck-Manchester-City-s-season-says-Nigel-de-Jong-article805513.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 05513.html</a>

----------------
The article that this thread is based is just wrong, and so is anybody who believes it.

I felt as soon as I saw the footage of Carlos and Pab on the bench next to each other that Zabaleta was pissed off at Tevez. Now, I wasn't there. I've never met either of these men. I can't say for sure and neither can anyone else who saw the footage. We weren't there on that bench. However, while watching it I just sat there thinking "PabZab is totally tuning Carlos out". If my memory serves me right, Tevez several times says something to Zab and Zab never speaks or even looks at him at all. Not even cocks his head. Just sits there staring straight ahead with (in my opinion) a look on his face like "you fucking dick".
I could be wrong. Believe me, I understand that. I don't think I am though. Regardless, Tevez own quotes post-match are damming enough on their own, as was his demeanor the entire time. Again, just my opinion.

Can't fucking wait for Saturday so we can get on the pitch, snatch 3 points and get on with it. Sick of this shit. I was a HUGE Tevez fan but I want to see the back side of him now. <---Only this.

tis my opinion aswell.... love ya Zabs

Ha you have to laugh at the press, yesterday they were loyally behind MCFC and 24 hours later we're the twats again!!!!

One thing we can never expect is to have the british press on our side "Man City champions of europe, but their coach driver is a life long manU fan!!!"

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Clear as day to the entire stadium, broadcasters and the rest of the watching world that he refused to take the field.

From where I was in the stadium on Tuesday it wasn't clear at all. I had no idea anything was "wrong".

And having watched it from Sky+ last night it wasn't clear to the commentators either, who only started going on about it after Mancini's interview.

mcfc2112 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Clear as day to the entire stadium, broadcasters and the rest of the watching world that he refused to take the field.

From where I was in the stadium on Tuesday it wasn't clear at all. I had no idea anything was "wrong".

And having watched it from Sky+ last night it wasn't clear to the commentators either, who only started going on about it after Mancini's interview.
I watched it on Al Jazeera and they had someone feeding updates from the bench. So while we couldn't see what was going on we were being told that Tevez was acting the twat, and then that it had also all kicked off with Zab.

The one thing that has troubled me about all of this is Milner's reaction when Tevez moves to get up and is promptly told to sit back down again. He looks over at Tevez with a look that says "Eh? What the fuck's his problem?" in relation to whoever told him to sit down (presumably Mancini). It's only a small thing, but that one look suggests to me that none of the players really knew what was going on.

I think, just a guess, that Carlos said "no", Mancini turned back, Zaba or someone told Carlos to just get his ass in gear, Carlos goes to stand up and take his tracksuit off but Mancini or somebody turns round and tells him in essence to sod off having already got pissed off at him.

That's my opinion anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.