No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

I'm with most on here

Ill stick by the club on most things but they got this one wrong.

Any supporter club meetings coming up? How do we let them know what it means to us ?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Whilst it's disappointing there may be contractual reasons with Umbro why this hasn't happened.

I think people should wait to see what the club says before laying accusations of betrayal of City's heritage.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I made my point.

Couldn't care less about tradition, if we were to carry on doing things the way they have been done for years then perhaps we should have stuck to being an average under achieving team as that has been 'tradition' in all the years I have watched City

They are representing Manchester City Football Club, not the City of Manchester as that is made up of people who support many different football teams.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Couldn't care less about tradition, if we were to carry on doing things the way they have been done for years then perhaps we should have stuck to being an average under achieving team as that has been 'tradition' in all the years I have watched City

They are representing Manchester City Football Club, not the City of Manchester as that is made up of people who support many different football teams.

I totaly agree.

Poor decision by the club in every way. Not only in breaking with tradition but a poor commercial one too. A Manchester coat of arms shirt would have sold better, I'm sure of it. As someone mentioned earlier though, perhaps there's something we don't know, like contractual issues.

As for the bitter rag in this thread, don't know if you've heard or not but Sheikh Mansour is spending £1 billion in east Manchester, so if you're harbouring delusions about him fucking off to Abu Dhabi or who knows what else you'd better find some new material for your wank bank. The city of Manchester is central to the vision. It's probably why he opted for City over any of the other clubs he could have bought. So, partly due to Sheikh Mansour's patronage, the future looks good for Manchester. Even rags (ones from [or near] Manchester anyway - didn't see many on the way down the M6 last Saturday) have something to thank Sheikh Mansour for.

Am fairly disappointed but trying not to let anything spoil the fact that we're in a Final and if we win it I couldn't care less what was on our shirts ( within reason). But it is pretty lame.

Smacks of umbro having surplus home shirts (that will have the city badge on) that they're desperate to get rid off- coz if it was a home shirt we were keeping they'd be charging more than they are. They just want shut so they've tarted up a bit.
It's all to do with money.

They'd have defo shifted 1000's with a Coa badge- if indeed they had time to run up a load of new shirts without the city badge. But they'd have been left with all the surplus stock they already have. So umbro are rubbing their hands at a chance to get rid of it. Bet they were made up when we got to final.

Is it possible the players shirt will have the Coa or have I missed the bit where it's defo confirmed it's not being used? Perhaps they'll stick to the tradition on the pitch?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.