no more red and black scarves

so that was 3,000 scarves at £8,000.

that's £2.67 a scarf.

so if they give them to every home fan, so say they go and put 40,000 on order to stock in the shop. That's £106,666.67 they spend without making a penny.

50,000 scarves would be £133,500.

Having been pretty involved in the discussions regarding the scarves, the numbers just don't add up for City. That's a lot of money whatever anybody says, so I'm not surprised the club has decided not to continue with them. They were meant as a one-off, by all means go and buy one if you want one from another source, but at the moment just donating via the paypal is the easiest option.

Well said, totally agree….

The plain fact here is that the Club will not be getting anymore and the 3000 provided for Leicester Away was a one off, end of.

I would ask people to think very carefully when buying a scarf from the street vendors thinking that you’re donating to the appeal.

If you really want to help then make a donation via the PayPal Button at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcsc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfcsc.com</a>

JoeMercer'sWay said:
so that was 3,000 scarves at £8,000.

that's £2.67 a scarf.

so if they give them to every home fan, so say they go and put 40,000 on order to stock in the shop. That's £106,666.67 they spend without making a penny.

50,000 scarves would be £133,500.

Having been pretty involved in the discussions regarding the scarves, the numbers just don't add up for City. That's a lot of money whatever anybody says, so I'm not surprised the club has decided not to continue with them. They were meant as a one-off, by all means go and buy one if you want one from another source, but at the moment just donating via the paypal is the easiest option.

Hey guys I was unable to get to the game as I live in Australia, so is there any chance I could buy one of these scarfs and get it sent over?

LongsightM13 said:
All the unofficial stalls will be selling snides on Saturday if you really want one. For me it was a one-off. Maybe if we got to Wembley I'd consider it again. But we are not confused Norwich rags. I'd rather wear proper City colours and still chuck a few more quid into Nelly's collection. I would consider anyone wearing a ref and black scarf on Saturday, for example, to be a bit sad and an attention seeker

I guess that makes me sad and an attention seeker then Steve cos I certainly plan on wearing mine again. The red and black kits have always been my favourite away colours, I wear my First Advice shirt regularly. Hopefully it will also remind people of the reason behind the scarf and encourage them to donate to the fund.

Just a reminder for everyone that there will be a bucket collection for Neil at Mary Ds before the game on Tuesday. They will also be showing the 1969 FA Cup Final instead of the usual games.

I'm not encouraging anyone to buy from them but notice that a seller on ebay has started selling the red and black scarves advertised as "Manchester City Retro Scarves" since this all started. At £10.99 I can't see them selling many but last time I looked a few had gone.

Bluebird1 said:
LongsightM13 said:
All the unofficial stalls will be selling snides on Saturday if you really want one. For me it was a one-off. Maybe if we got to Wembley I'd consider it again. But we are not confused Norwich rags. I'd rather wear proper City colours and still chuck a few more quid into Nelly's collection. I would consider anyone wearing a ref and black scarf on Saturday, for example, to be a bit sad and an attention seeker

I guess that makes me sad and an attention seeker then Steve cos I certainly plan on wearing mine again. The red and black kits have always been my favourite away colours, I wear my First Advice shirt regularly. Hopefully it will also remind people of the reason behind the scarf and encourage them to donate to the fund.

Just a reminder for everyone that there will be a bucket collection for Neil at Mary Ds before the game on Tuesday. They will also be showing the 1969 FA Cup Final instead of the 4-3 spurs game they play every bloody week

edited for accuracy

City donated 3,000 red and black scarves and most of us tipped up a tenner (at least) for Nelly and the charity.

I've heard only 12k was raised. How's that happened?

mancityvstoke said:
City donated 3,000 red and black scarves and most of us tipped up a tenner (at least) for Nelly and the charity.

I've heard only 12k was raised. How's that happened?
For every fan that donated a tenner there will be one who thought it appropriate to donate 50p.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.