No-one passing to Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be the media that drives Pep away, he doesn’t want to do these interviews cos they fuck him right off, the media will then have accomplished they mission set out by the other clubs

It's every game now. He makes runs after runs after runs. No one ever passes to him or even attempts to. Its pissing me off. Can't imagine how he's feeling.

He's 7ft tall ffs. Chip it to him more often. It's driving me insane watching all the wasted opportunities.

Is anyone else getting as frustrated with this as I am?
Bernardo being the main culprit have they fallen out ?

The issue is worse than his runs nor being played in and wasted.

The deliberate manner in which his efficiency is limited by the style/tactics actually allows teams to take huge liberties.

The amount of average reams who now tske huge risks and push up against us and play a high line us a joke.

Often it is totally different than previous years when we faced teams camped on their six yard box. Now we have bog standard defences playing against the best on the shoulder striker in the world and taking the piss by pushing up towards half way again and again.

Most of these teams are not good enough to do this, especially against a top team. But they aren't punished for doing so.

They must be laughing their bollocks off. They would be punished more for doing this against the likes if West Ham or Everton, who have average strikers and average midfielders supplying them

Even more baffling is that they punished Liverpool for doing a similar, albeit not identical, thing very recently, last year Jesus and Sterling were explicitly used to punished their high.line at the Etihad and chosen on the day for that quality. It ripped them apart and they got a draw through sheer luck. So they can do it and he can tell them to do it.

Okay, not exactly the same because now we have even less players who can support the player running in behind but that is deliberate and by design too.

Last edited:
'We have the best striker but we don't pass the ball to him': easy explanation for our problems, but a stupid one.

Haaland scored his 4th hattrick in his 19th league game for the club two weeks ago. He has scored nearly 50% of our league goals which is far from healthy. When Aguero was on 25 league goals, we were close to 100 GF in the league. And we played better football back then.

It's like people want City to become FC Haaland and players pass the ball to him at every opportunity. Successful teams don't play like that. If we pass, pass, pass the ball to Haaland, he may score 70 league goals without City winning the title or even challenging for it.

As well as Haaland, I hope Pep and the other players are reading this thread. I would assume many of the players do read Blue Moon. I’m not saying all the players do. TBH I can’t see Pep reading Blue Moon, but you never know.

To me it's on Pep. There's no way a player of Bernardo's quality for example doesn't see some of those runs. They are actively choosing not to pass to him. This has to be an instruction.

The obsession with keeping the ball at all costs appears to have made a number of players play within themselves and has strangled their freedom to express themselves. The very thing that makes them top players.

KDB has to start for me even if he is not at 100%. He seems to be the only player that has been given a license to play it early or risk losing possession. If KDB isn't on the pitch then Gundogan is easily our best player at those cute passes in and around the opposition 18 yard box that can create an opportunity in tight spaces. It's baffling the amount of times we get into the final third and don't look threatening at all and completely indecisive.

Something isn't right and it isn't just declining to pass to Erling. The slow buildup and often choosing not to break quickly is compounding his isolation in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.