Noel Gallagher on Talksport

I know theres a Talksport thread but he's just done a class interview on Talksport with Goldstein & Cundy.

Talked about him meeting Silva for the first time yesterday, Silva came up to him said he appreciates that Noel always speaks well of him in the media and gave him his match shirt! Talked about how much of a legend Yaya has been for us.

He also said he tried to have a cheeky word about next season with Vinny and Vinny was having none of it. Apparently he's so focused on trying to get his hands on the league title that he won't talk about anything else. It appears that we may be in for an exciting finish to this season if Vinny is that fired up!

I'm sure the interview will be on Talksport's website at some point. Worth a listen.

Edit: Heres the link - http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1456783200# Click the 23:00-23:30 segment and its 18minutes in on that part.

Vinny is King..

I'll also add this -- the idea that oasis didn't break America was always a bit of overstated. Morning Glory sold something like 5 million copies here -- I'd think all told they sold about 15m albums in America at least which is a pretty good number. If you put Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger or Champagne Supernova on in any bar in the country on a Saturday night, you'll have a singalong, even here in the States.

Even until they broke up in 2008, they were still playing arena rock shows here which says a lot because it's not an easy thing to do for a rock band, let alone a foreign one. Their last tour included support from Ryan Adams who is one of my other favorite musicians. What a night that was. There's only a handful of British artists who play arena shows nowadays and most of them are pop artists.

"Latch on to the club"?!?!?!?

Oasis were twenty times bigger than City at least. I'm no friend of Noel Gallagher but I spent an evening with him once at Glastonbury in the mid 90s when they were on the cusp of international stardom. All we talked about was City. He loved the club then and he does now, obviously.

I hate this fucking thread. Jealousy, bitterness and the most head-spinning small mindedness. And anyone who criticises anyone for moving away from Manchester is a thicko.

What a strange post, Oasis 20 times bigger than City (wow), well I suppose the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ. I don't get this concept of anyone being jealous of him good luck to the bloke, somebody posted they thought he was dick that's all, it not serious its each to their own. People don't have to love him just because he supports City.

I remember having an evening with Eddie Large once (he is not a friend though) at the Queens Arms in Ashton bloody smashing fella, talked City all night long loved us he did.

Last edited:
I like Noel. I certainly like him more than his brother.
He always speaks articulately and knowledgeably about City and his support for us has undoubtedly won us support from his fanbase.

If you watch the videos of Will Greenwood flying around the world to interview City supporter clubs on the OS you will see many fans saying they were attracted to City and Oasis.
So the global appeal as always been there for the band which City are using for good PR.

What a strange post, Oasis 20 times bigger than City (wow), well I suppose the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ. I don't get this concept of anyone being jealous of him good luck to the bloke, somebody posted they thought he was dick that's all, it not serious its each to their own. People don't have to love him just because he supports City.

Oasis were more than 20 times bigger than City in the 1990s.

You need to grow up and lose the chip on your shoulder.

When Oasis came on the pitch with Billy Duffy v Blackburn and they were announced a lot of people in the stand were asking who they were.

Oasis were more than 20 times bigger than City in the 1990s.

You need to grow up and lose the chip on your shoulder.
Completely agree with this. At their height we were in the process of being relegated. They were easily 20times bigger than City in those times, and I would still venture to say bigger even now. Ok, maybe maybe not in Manchester, but everywhere else in the world, yes.

As was mentioned in another post, you put Don't Look Bank In Anger, Wonderwall, or Champagne Supernova on the juke box at night in pretty much any bar over here in the US and you will still have a massive sing-song. There importance to the 1990's music scene cannot be understated. Love or hate them, they changed Manchester and brought along many supporters with them, myself included. The fact we were sponsored by Brother in the 90's and they happened to be actual brothers was a fair bit of good luck or coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.