Noel Gallagher on Talksport

Oasis were more than 20 times bigger than City in the 1990s.

You need to grow up and lose the chip on your shoulder.
I don't think they were 20 times bigger, fair enough if you are a fan but you are being silly with comments like that.

Its not against the forum rules to disagree with you when I last checked. You think Oasis are 20 times bigger than City I don't, roll with it...

Sorry I am just not buying this that we only have any supporters because of Noel Gallagher what an insult to a club that has been around for over a hundred years.

I don't think they were 20 times bigger, fair enough if you are a fan but you are being silly with comments like that.

Its not against the forum rules to disagree with you when I last checked. You think Oasis are 20 times bigger than City I don't, roll with it...

In 1996, if you were to ask any American if they knew of Oasis it would have been about 9 out of 10. If you asked them if they knew what Manchester City was, it would have been about 1 out of 100. That would be repeated across most of the world.

I don't think anyone has said we only have supporters because of Noel Gallagher. There definitely are supporters that we have because of Noel and Oasis. I being one of them. Since 1996 thanks to them.

Whilst I'm no huge oasis fan, it's fair to say they were at least 20 times bigger than City in the mid to late 90's. We were dog shit, they were riding the crest of a wave selling out venue after venue and the talk of pretty much the entire planet. We weren't. We were utter dog shit and liked by 30 odd thousand in Maine road every other week.

Sorry I am just not buying this that we only have any supporters because of Noel Gallagher what an insult to a club that has been around for over a hundred years.

I'm not sure that anyone said that. But he didn't do our profile any harm.

I'm not really a fan actually. I thought they were good for about 2-3 years and then lost what made them great. But I remember oasis selling 250,000 tickets at Knebworth in a couple of hours at a time when we could barely get 25k. And as the guy above says, that's just the UK.

I have no idea how many fans they had at their peak but I will wager it was more than 20 times as many as we had. So my comments are based on simple facts, not opinion. So let's hear you tell me why I'm the "silly" one...

Good fan, and very, very good on interviews where he backs the club to the hilt. I've yet to hear him bested on an interview. I personally don't think he comes over as a billy big bollocks, or a celebrity ****. It's fucking great that we have someone in our corner, and someone that most shows will clamber over themselves to have on, knowing that all he'll do is talk about City. Good luck to him.

City, standing on the shoulder of giants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.