Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest plus of the Nolito signing is that it helps keep KDB and silva in central roles. I'm not a fan of silva playing up front in a front three. I think KDB is very useful outside but doesn't maximize his potential. Nolito prevents this if Sterling is hurt or out of form and for this reason I consider him to be a step above a squad player. I don't think it's a plan B signing at all.

I'll be in panic mode if the Sane deal falls through and we refuse to fork over an extra 15m for Aubameyang. If there ever was a time to overpay, this is it for me. He (auba) fills just too many important holes that could arise. The midfield could hold for another year with Gundo, Yaya, and the two ferns. We absolutely can't have Silva and Navas playing wide.

I don't disagree with a lot of that...

But if we get Sane and Nolito I cant see us going for Aubamayang and therefore in my opinion we are missing out on a player that would really be a big step forward

For me it should be Sane and Aubamayang.......forget Nolito

Aubamayang and Sane can both play wide and can both play centrally (or Sane could do in the future)

Pay the extra for Aubamayang and forget Nolito

(Thats all presuming that he would definitely come )

But if we get Sane and Nolito I cant see us going for Aubamayang and therefore in my opinion we are missing out on a player that would really be a big step forward

Aubamayang and Sane can both play wide and can both play centrally (or Sane could do in the future)

I completely agree. I don't see us shelling out ~100 for Auba and Sane though so I think the Nolito factor is irrelevant. I'm just praying we're willing to pay the premium if Sane turns us down. My gut tells me we won't :(.

Another compelling argument as to why City would benefit from Nolito's signing and how he improves upon Nasri and Navas. I am purely judging his performances in the Euros, because I do not watch the La Liga, but from what i've seen he's 1.) not fit enough for the prem, 2.) physically dominated by 160cm/50kg midfielders 3.) goes down far too easily, the refs in the prem are gonna laugh their asses off when he tries his antics on them, 4.) no real pace, 5.) can't hold a ball up and 6.) moans at literally every decision.

He does have a great shot on him though, and he seems creative. Would work as a cover for Aguero, but theres plenty of 18-20 year olds at the club that can do that just as well. Save the money for players like Payet, Griezmann and so on, who are actually lighting up the Euros at the moment.

Why is their form in the Euros relevant?

If we're going to judge players based on international form currently then we would have to sell Aguero and Silva...

Read that and see how crazy it sounds to judge players off international games. The reasons why you wouldn't want to sell them is based on what they've done in the league. Nolito has been a central figure in the improvement of Celta Vigo over the last 3 years and now they are in Europe based on his club form. Spain as a whole were underwhelming and that's more to do with how poor their midfield and defense were performing. Similar to England and Sterling managers were taking them off for ST's because they found themselves down and eventually eliminated.

Dreading another summer where we buy a shit load of average players! But tbf if the chemistry is right to the team they don't have to be world beaters, trust in pep.

If we're going to judge players based on international form currently then we would have to sell Aguero and Silva...

Read that and see how crazy it sounds to judge players off international games. The reasons why you wouldn't want to sell them is based on what they've done in the league. Nolito has been a central figure in the improvement of Celta Vigo over the last 3 years and now they are in Europe based on his club form. Spain as a whole were underwhelming and that's more to do with how poor their midfield and defense were performing. Similar to England and Sterling managers were taking them off for ST's because they found themselves down and eventually eliminated.
Well there was a bunch saying "he's been great for Spain these first two games" now since he was shite in their last two all of a sudden nobody should use them to judge him..

Well there was a bunch saying "he's been great for Spain these first two games" now since he was shite in their last two all of a sudden nobody should use them to judge him..
both sides aren't cool to be honest. People are judging him off a small sample size versus the body of work of 3 straight 38 game seasons in which again he was one of the focal points at the club that improved each year and just got into Europa this past season.
Spain weren't great this tournament overall but Nolito showed his quality a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.