Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another compelling argument as to why City would benefit from Nolito's signing and how he improves upon Nasri and Navas. I am purely judging his performances in the Euros, because I do not watch the La Liga, but from what i've seen he's 1.) not fit enough for the prem, 2.) physically dominated by 160cm/50kg midfielders 3.) goes down far too easily, the refs in the prem are gonna laugh their asses off when he tries his antics on them, 4.) no real pace, 5.) can't hold a ball up and 6.) moans at literally every decision.

He does have a great shot on him though, and he seems creative. Would work as a cover for Aguero, but theres plenty of 18-20 year olds at the club that can do that just as well. Save the money for players like Payet, Griezmann and so on, who are actually lighting up the Euros at the moment.

I was referencing the comment you made about Alba being the only player in the Spanish squad who is better than what Pep has, Pique would be an improvement on our current centre halves, Morata would be an improvement on Bony, Nolito would be an improvement on Navas, As much as it hurts me De Gea would be an improvement on Hart, Iniesta would improve our midfield in general.
I do agree completely about Alba as well, so for me there are at least 5 or 6 of the Spanish squad who would improve what Pep already has.

Calm down people. He's a placeholder for our up and coming academy kids and insurance for Sterling. What we should be worried about is losing out on Sane and possibly relying on Navas and Silva on the other side. Now that is truly frightening.

Calm down people. He's a placeholder for our up and coming academy kids and insurance for Sterling. What we should be worried about is losing out on Sane and possibly relying on Navas and Silva on the other side. Now that is truly frightening.

this is the summer where we should be signing more than a place holder....its not about super stars but we need people who are going to help us step up that next level...he isn't

Is he better than navas - yes he is (but that aint hard)....is he at the level of KDB, silva .....nowhere near......is he considerably better than sterling...not in my opinion (has some things he is better at....others not so)

A squad filler as Ive said....but to take the next step we need better than that.....Im not sure he is going to help take that next step. (I can why we are signing Sane as he may have that potential in the future and I love that are going after some of these kids as well that may be ones for the future but we also need to improve our starting 11 especially for champs league but also for the prem league and for me Nolito doesn't do that significantly enough. (whereas Gudongan does, sane might.....and we clearly need cover for Vinnie so I can understand stones...though he will need development)

Good squad player for £14m, who can probably get 10 goals or so a season in the process, no complaints from me. But we need to improve our first eleven thats for sure, Gundogan already does that when fit, but we need more upgrades (RB, LB, CB, possibly another CM would be ideal)

Do I think he is amazing? No. But he is 14 mill only and is worth the money if with a few goals and assists.No complaining for this signing at all if it happens.

Good squad player for £14m, who can probably get 10 goals or so a season in the process, no complaints from me. But we need to improve our first eleven thats for sure, Gundogan already does that when fit, but we need more upgrades (RB, LB, CB, possibly another CM would be ideal)

agreed on the starting 11 bit and gudongan

I think we def need a left back (kolorov is shit and always has been ) and a right back as it looks like zabba is on the way out.

a central midfielder is also absolutely essential but with the news that fernando is staying (supposedly) and even Seluk saying that Yaya may stay another year (though we all know that guy wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face) it is possible that we won't upgrade central mid (which we all think we need to do)

Im adamant that we need to have another attacking option and while Sane is a prospect I think we desperately need a player to challenge/cover for Kun.....Bony is shit, Nacho good but a kid and I don't think you could rely on him to replace Kun for any amount of extended time....The other options are Nolito or sterling...neither are centre forwards and neither are great options int hat position....Sane looks like in the future he could play there but to rely on him in the event of Kun getting hurt for any length of time again wouldn't fill me full of confidence.

We need a forward who can either play off Kun or replac/cover for him

this is the summer where we should be signing more than a place holder....its not about super stars but we need people who are going to help us step up that next level...he isn't

Is he better than navas - yes he is (but that aint hard)....is he at the level of KDB, silva .....nowhere near......is he considerably better than sterling...not in my opinion (has some things he is better at....others not so)

A squad filler as Ive said....but to take the next step we need better than that.....Im not sure he is going to help take that next step. (I can why we are signing Sane as he may have that potential in the future and I love that are going after some of these kids as well that may be ones for the future but we also need to improve our starting 11 especially for champs league but also for the prem league and for me Nolito doesn't do that significantly enough. (whereas Gudongan does, sane might.....and we clearly need cover for Vinnie so I can understand stones...though he will need development)

I totally hear you mate. I was devastated when I finally admitted to myself that Pogba wasn't going to happen. I'm not sure what you are expecting though? What kind of WC/super stars are even possible to get?

LB - Who? Alaba? Almost 0%
CB's - Who? We've tried buying big here and..sigh... are firing again ...at stones.
RB - Carvajal? Not gonna happen.
CM/DM - Pogba? Nope, Kroos? Maybe but I would rather not. Verrati? Kante?
AM - We have KDB, not even really looking.
LW - Who would you call world class that's available? You wanna quit on Sterling already? Not in line to spend big here. Neymar has a slim, slim chance of happening.
ST - Auba, Lewa, Suarez? We've been linked with the best available, auba.
RW - Who over Sane?
RW/LW/AM - Sanchez would be nice..good luck making it happen though..same with Neymar.

What are you suggesting? That's why it took me so long to admit defeat on Pogba...not a whole lot of legit game changers there to be taken. I totally hear what the people who are disappointed are saying but it's going to be a 2-4 year process to bump ourselves up to the top tier. This is going to end up being a recovery year from the drop off of the last two.

I totally hear you mate. I was devastated when I finally admitted to myself that Pogba wasn't going to happen. I'm not sure what you are expecting though? What kind of WC/super stars are even possible to get?

LB - Who? Alaba? Almost 0%
CB's - Who? We've tried buying big here and..sigh... are firing again ...at stones.
RB - Carvajal? Not gonna happen.
CM/DM - Pogba? Nope, Kroos? Maybe but I would rather not. Verrati? Kante?
AM - We have KDB, not even really looking.
LW - Who would you call world class that's available? You wanna quit on Sterling already? Not in line to spend big here. Neymar has a slim, slim chance of happening.
ST - Auba, Lewa, Suarez? We've been linked with the best available, auba.
RW - Who over Sane?
RW/LW/AM - Sanchez would be nice..good luck making it happen though..same with Neymar.

What are you suggesting? That's why it took me so long to admit defeat on Pogba...not a whole lot of legit game changers there to be taken. I totally hear what the people who are disappointed are saying but it's going to be a 2-4 year process to bump ourselves up to the top tier. This is going to end up being a recovery year from the drop off of the last two.

i didn't say WC/superstar.....i said we need better and Nolito who to me looks average.

Agree on Stones as he looks about as good as we can get....I actually think the defence will be better with a better organised midfield so i think the problems that we had last season will be solved in large part by that and stones is a huge upgrade on Mdm

certainly don't want to quit on sterling...think he did well for us last year for parts (don't care about how he plays for England to be honest and think he is being used as a scapegoat but he scouse/scum loving media)

Aubamayang like you say is the one for me that will give us everything we need but the nolito signing looks like a plan b instead of him to me and that is a big drop in level

Sane - my only problem with him is that some people are saying no to signing Aubamayang for 60m yet are happy to pay 40m for a kid who (yes he has great potential) but isn't at that level yet.....I can settle with the amount for him but not then from the same people who say we shouldn't pay the amount for Aubamayang. - Both him and sane can play wide of a central striker and also aubamayang can cover for fun centrally if injured.....sane may be able to do that in the future as well so I have no problem with signing him whatsoever but Im not going to go overboard and claim its a world class signing when he is just a prospect...yes he could turn out to be the next ballan d'or winner...but he may not. Some people on here talk as if its a cert.

Not sure about central midfield...yes gutted about pogba like you but not sure what else....Kroos is a fantastic player but Im not sure he is what we need either

i didn't say WC/superstar.....i said we need better and Nolito who to me looks average.

Agree on Stones as he looks about as good as we can get....I actually think the defence will be better with a better organised midfield so i think the problems that we had last season will be solved in large part by that and stones is a huge upgrade on Mdm

certainly don't want to quit on sterling...think he did well for us last year for parts (don't care about how he plays for England to be honest and think he is being used as a scapegoat but he scouse/scum loving media)

Aubamayang like you say is the one for me that will give us everything we need but the nolito signing looks like a plan b instead of him to me and that is a big drop in level

Sane - my only problem with him is that some people are saying no to signing Aubamayang for 60m yet are happy to pay 40m for a kid who (yes he has great potential) but isn't at that level yet.....I can settle with the amount for him but not then from the same people who say we shouldn't pay the amount for Aubamayang. - Both him and sane can play wide of a central striker and also aubamayang can cover for fun centrally if injured.....sane may be able to do that in the future as well so I have no problem with signing him whatsoever but Im not going to go overboard and claim its a world class signing when he is just a prospect...yes he could turn out to be the next ballan d'or winner...but he may not. Some people on here talk as if its a cert.

Not sure about central midfield...yes gutted about pogba like you but not sure what else....Kroos is a fantastic player but Im not sure he is what we need either
I agree. I'm not convinced by what I've seen and it looks very much like it could be another plan B signing, to add to the numerous others from the recent transfer windows.

He doesn't look a big upgrade on that side of the pitch or down the middle to what we have. I hope though I'm proven wrong.

If we are genuinely £15m away from Dortmund's asking price for Aubamayang, and we think he is the best option out there that can play wide or central, then I too wish we'd stop messing around with buying additional squad players that don't improve the first XI. Just buy once and buy proper, even if we might have one less squad player and, heaven forbid, we need to utilise a younger player from time to time instead.

Sometimes it feels like we're apologetic that we've got more money than most other clubs and want to pander to the masses by pussyfooting around or trying to be too cute for our own good.

I think the biggest plus of the Nolito signing is that it helps keep KDB and silva in central roles. I'm not a fan of silva playing up front in a front three. I think KDB is very useful outside but doesn't maximize his potential. Nolito prevents this if Sterling is hurt or out of form and for this reason I consider him to be a step above a squad player. I don't think it's a plan B signing at all.

I'll be in panic mode if the Sane deal falls through and we refuse to fork over an extra 15m for Aubameyang. If there ever was a time to overpay, this is it for me. He (auba) fills just too many important holes that could arise. The midfield could hold for another year with Gundo, Yaya, and the two ferns. We absolutely can't have Silva and Navas playing wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.