Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, just feels like one of the signings we've been making over the last 3 years who don't actually improve the squad
Might be getting greedy as most we have been linked with I've been really happy about ( undecided on Stones ) but I can't help but think when we wouldn't pay Hazards agent so didn't get him, we could have used Garcia Sinclair Rodwell money to just get that deal done and we would have a 25 year old Hazard now
Like I say I hope if we do sign him he brings more than I'm expecting

I totally agree with you that the window in which we bought Sinclair, Garcia, rodwell and maicon was a bit of a disaster. Somebody may correct me here but I believe that was Brian Marwoods first and only transfer window for us, ancient history now. I have a feeling Nolito is going to be a really effective signing for us. He seems to have quite a lot of skills in his locker, definitely not a one trick pony

Great Signing!!

IMO due to the amount of games we will play Pep will rotate Raheem and Nolito on the left wing. This will take the pressure off Raheem and surely Nolito will teach him a few things and will also get us 10+ goals.

Pep knows what he's doing boys!

Rick Holden wasnt that old, he just had the pace of a 90 year old with a zimmer frame, you on your sticks could have given him a decent race Oakie.
I must admit I was expecting great things from him when he joined.He had some brilliant games for Oldham in their cup runs but he had his best games under Royle up onth moors.You`re quite correct ref me giving him a race,especially if it was opening time at me local with a pint of Guinness waiting.

I think the problem here is that when Pep got announced a few people built it up a little too much, started expecting five marquee signings over the summer and every player to be a first XI staple at £40,000,000 each. What's the point of having the best manager in football if we don't trust that he has a plan and knows what he's doing?

In my opinion Nolito is a high-class player who yes, may be getting on a bit, but look at Payet, Vardy, even Fernandinho is an example. 29 isn't too old to break through, especially not under Guardiola.

The comparisons to Navas are a bit puzzling to me. They're both Spanish wingers, that's about it. They play on different sides of the field.

Also, to the person above who asked if Nolito can play as a striker, I know he has in the past but not sure how comfortable he is. Great finisher though. Pep might be looking at him as the player he wants to model Sterling, Sané or even Iheanacho off of.

Ask yourselves this ;
Is he better than Bony?

I believe that we're expecting a larger fee for wilf than this fella is going to cost us. I doubt he'll be on as much as Bony defrau.... sorry.... gets paid by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.