Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree, I'm just stating that I think it's a useless signing because I don't rate him highly
It's because you've never seen him play. But I don't blame you, if a team like Atletico Madrid was heavily linked to Vardy, their fans would probably react similarly.

Last edited:
I think money does matter as do transfer fees , but I don't think this should preclude us from buying older players .
Had Demichaelis left after two seasons I would argue that he had been the best value centre back we have bought since the takeover in spite of having no transfer value.

Value is about Transfer fees paid plus wages and signing on fees minus transfer fee received against performance and time spent at the club.
Older players often settle and perform more quickly.
Fair point. I tend not to get hung up too much about transfer fees and resale values, as things like this can easily become distractions from enjoying the game of footy for what it is. A bit like the way commentators find it hard to praise a player's ability during a game without mentioning his cost.

The financial directors at City are paid a small fortune to balance the books and deal with the associated headaches. I'm no different from the majority of fans, and certainly have a good moan when we've overpaid for a player, but ultimately I'm still quite glad that we got to see his ability (or lack of).

Is this still twitter bollocks or for some reason does it appear a goer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.