Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a good point mate....the more highlights I watch...he's alot bigger, stronger than Navas and seems more of a wide playing forward than your typical winger....Sane, Nolito and Aubameyang can all fill this wide-forward type role.....have we got room for all 3 of them in the squad?
He could also play LW ala Navas so I think he's a good squad player to have. This way we don't have to field out a bunch of babies in the FA cup anymore. And more or less Nolito is an insurance if Aubameyang don't work out. Nolito's a bit on the older side so I hope he won't mind not being a regular starter. Another thing I realize is that Pep might want Nolito to be a mentor of some sort to Sane and Sterling. Watch Nolito's video again and replace him with Sterling or Sane. They're gonna be unplayable in the future.

Don't really know why, but this will be one signing I'll be excited about.

Never heard of him before, and if Pep wants him then so do I.

But I'd rather not use his relatively low transfer fee as a reason to sign him, or a parameter to judge him by. We've been taught enough recently not to compete on price.

yet people, maybe not you, think we should be in for Payet.

I like us as a club to buy players that hopefully have a resale value or preferably increase in value. Usually when buying older players (29 years old and above) this rarely happens. It also may take the player a season to bed in to the new team, players and system of the new club.

I dont go along with this "it doesnt matter about the owners money" no one want to see his money wasted needlessly.

I like us as a club to buy players that hopefully have a resale value or preferably increase in value. Usually when buying older players (29 years old and above) this rarely happens. It also may take the player a season to bed in to the new team, players and system of the new club.

I dont go along with this "it doesnt matter about the owners money" no one want to see his money wasted needlessly.
Usually I'd agree with you but , with Sane 20 rumoured, Sterling 21 and Iheanacho 19 as our support for Sergio, I wonder in this case a more experienced wide striker is required. If we can get a couple of good seasons from him, granted I know nothing about him, while Sterling and Sane develop, pluss Roberts to come back, it's good value. I'm not sure whether he is an alternative or in addition to Aubameyang.
I agree the owners money does matter , but as we are not self sustaining and profitable on the football side, it's not really his money.

After watching the video he's not like Navas at all. If you're saying he's fast and spanish then yeah they are similar but that's about it. Nolito is more like a wide-forward than an out-and-out winger like Navas. If Pep plays 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 then Nolito will play on the left side of the '3' as a forward. The equivalent of Nolito in Bayern is Ribery. They function the same way, both likes to cut inside. For that cheap price I don't think this is a bad deal. At worst he comes a squad filler and I think he's already better than Navas.
What about Nolito replaces Navas but Navas stays and is converted into a wing back replacing Zab (assuming he leaves and assuming Pep can get Navas to cross the ball consistently)

What about Nolito replaces Navas but Navas stays and is converted into a wing back replacing Zab (assuming he leaves and assuming Pep can get Navas to cross the ball consistently)
I think it's a possibility. But my main request for Pep is to concert Kolarov to a boarding pass out of manchester lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.