Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be approaching 30 but he looks very useful,very fit and appears to still have plenty of hunger,at the price stated it seems a very good move.

I suppose we will only truly know that if/when we actually see him in the Prem, but watching him more closely since our rumoured interest, you can see why there could be truth in it & exactly what Pep sees in him.

Touch of the 'Tevez' about him imo.

I'm surprised how many people don't watch the Spanish football in sky.

I'm paying an embarrassing amount to sky for the premier league, I try and get as much out of it as possible and la liga on Sunday evenings is on at a good time.

Celta Vigo seem to feature quite a lot, certainly any time they play the big 3 or Sevilla/Valencia etc.

Turned in some good performances too.

Just out of curiosity as I really have no idea. Why was he only called up to the national team n 2014?
It seems a bit odd if he's 29 now. Was it too much quality in his position already? Or has he done a jamie vardy?
Honestly not trying to be a smart arse. I've never heard of him before now.
He plays for a lower down spainish team so well down the pecking order and spain have so much quality,the coach has left out several younger ones so i guess it's his time and he can be trusted,just my opinion

Similar situation to Payet perhaps!?

I can actually see this working out surprisingly well, rather like Negrado in his first 6 months. Everyone will be expecting him to start on the bench and be a squad player but i can see him surprising a few

And vardy

I wasn't impressed with him in the first game but he looked good last night. £14m for a current Spanish international winger who scores goals? Even at 29 he's got to be worth a punt, unless of course, Pep has somebody younger lined up. Could be a Tommy Hutchinson type signing.

I suppose we will only truly know that if/when we actually see him in the Prem, but watching him more closely since our rumoured interest, you can see why there could be truth in it & exactly what Pep sees in him.

Touch of the 'Tevez' about him imo.

If we want touch of the " Tevez" then we should go for Angel Correa

2 games this week and the fact he has scored into double figures the last 3 seasons for his club,14m is well worth it for a goal scoring winger that could take some pressure off sterling
And £8m for Delph, £12m for Fernando, £12m for Rodwell and £8m for Sinclair were seen as good value signings but ultimately the sacrifice in quality and legitimate strength in depth leads to forking out more money as quickly as before and bang average players.

90%+ will not have heard, let alone seen him, prior to the Euros where Spain have played 2 dross teams. Mario was brilliant four years ago at the Euros...

I do trust Pep, but he's not infallible and has as many transfer fuck ups or average buys as anyone else so I won't brush off every target as a good signing just because he might want him.

He had the golden generation of Spanish players blocking his path but now he's a guaranteed started in the 11.

He may be older then we would want but he's like a bellemy vardy payet sort of player who's gotten better and better in his late twenties.

Not burnt out like say a ronney or Walcott who've played too many games as a young age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.