Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
And £8m for Delph, £12m for Fernando, £12m for Rodwell and £8m for Sinclair were seen as good value signings but ultimately the sacrifice in quality and legitimate strength in depth leads to forking out more money as quickly as before and bang average players.

90%+ will not have heard, let alone seen him, prior to the Euros where Spain have played 2 dross teams. Mario was brilliant four years ago at the Euros...

I do trust Pep, but he's not infallible and has as many transfer fuck ups or average buys as anyone else so I won't brush off every target as a good signing just because he might want him.
You are a hard man to please lol,we all knew rodwell and sinclair were crap as did bobby hence his kick off,nando seems to have come good lately.As long as we have a strong team come the first game then i'm happy enough

You are a hard man to please lol,we all knew rodwell and sinclair were crap as did bobby hence his kick off,nando seems to have come good lately.As long as we have a strong team come the first game then i'm happy enough

He's dead right that Pep will get some transfers wrong though, as all managers do. Mancini admitted to both Rodwell & Sinclair, even said he'd been an admirer of Rodwell for a long time.

It's just as likely to be a big money signing who doesn't work though. The history of football is littered aith expensive failures, as we know only too well.

He's dead right that Pep will get some transfers wrong though, as all managers do. Mancini admitted to both Rodwell & Sinclair, even said he'd been an admirer of Rodwell for a long time.

It's just as likely to be a big money signing who doesn't work though. The history of football is littered aith expensive failures, as we know only too well.
Yep he will make the odd bad signing but any coming from spain or germany you would think he has watched them for some years so better chance of getting it right

And £8m for Delph, £12m for Fernando, £12m for Rodwell and £8m for Sinclair were seen as good value signings but ultimately the sacrifice in quality and legitimate strength in depth leads to forking out more money as quickly as before and bang average players.

90%+ will not have heard, let alone seen him, prior to the Euros where Spain have played 2 dross teams. Mario was brilliant four years ago at the Euros...

I do trust Pep, but he's not infallible and has as many transfer fuck ups or average buys as anyone else so I won't brush off every target as a good signing just because he might want him.

Might turn out to be a little be different from the likes of Delph though. His technique is much better and he's been very good for a couple of seasons now. Here's an article on him a while ago. Couldn't help but like him after reading that. Explained why he's a late bloomer and why not many have heard of him before the Euros. A resilient player with a likable attitude, though for the sake of his own happiness I hope he will stay at Celta. At the very least stay in Spain and don't go to Barca. But then perhaps he fancies a challenge now.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ro-luis-suarez-lionel-messi-barcelona-la-liga

A goal and assist and constantly putting himself about not good enough for you?

we have bought a player on the basis of one performance before )John Macken) so no one game is not going to sway me at all.

don't know why he's being discussed in the Sinclair/Rodwell/Delph bracket. He's just not the Sanchez/Neymar calibre signing that will take us on to another level. He'll be a good contributor but I want more than that at this stage of our development.
He's not being discussed in their bracket of shite ability.

we have bought a player on the basis of one performance before )John Macken) so no one game is not going to sway me at all.
He has scored double figures every year for 3 yrs for Celto and pep will know him well from spain and he has a release clause of 14m,extremely low risk signing if we only get a couple of seasons out of him

He has scored double figures every year for 3 yrs for Celto and pep will know him well from spain and he has a release clause of 14m,extremely low risk signing if we only get a couple of seasons out of him

i agree with you but every manager makes mistakes...even Pep......this is the time to go for real quality. We have the best manager in world football at present and we need to back him with absolute quality to signings (it will establish us long term as one of the very top teams) .........as far as we know at the moment the only real world class signing we have is Gudongan.......the rest are either potential (sane and stones) or a squad filler/short term solution (nolito)

We have made this mistake before when not backing Mancini in the season after we won the prem league........if we again make that mistake Txixi needs to have serious questions asked about him.

Definitely agree with this assessment. Cheap international with repeated end product. No brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.