Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, been here long enough to know how this forum works.

He's a good player. He isn't world class but his running behind the defence and intelligence is something we've needed for a long time. It's all about balance and he'll offer us that!

He's a good player. He isn't world class but his running behind the defence and intelligence is something we've needed for a long time. It's all about balance and he'll offer us that!
Can you see Real Madrid signing a player of his age and calibre?

Can you see Real Madrid signing a player of his age and calibre?
No, but that's because of the way they operate....Galacticos.

One of the most impressive players at the Euros to date though it is early days.

He sucks to me. A bang average signing for a bang average mid-table club. Is he more slow or is he more old?

This is sure to wind up a bunch of people on here who want signings sooo bad that they will justify any signing, no matter how old or how good the player is.

But I'm not going to entertain an argument, because at the end of the day it's my opinion.

Nail on head, especially the middle part. Go see the Delph thread for similarly misplaced desperation. I want to see Pep building a team to take us into the future and ideally beyond his tenure here. The only average players we should be buying this season are those who are only average because of age and inexperience. Sane could quite easily be considered currently average, or not an improvement on the side immediately, but the potential is clearly there. There are a few exceptions but Nolito definitely ain't one. Too many summers of signings like Nolito and its sent us backwards. I'm 100% sure the only reason its getting any traction on here is because we just got suckered by Laporte and everyone is desperate for a signing. If he had been suggested as a primary target a few months ago everyone would be telling Txiki to get fucked.

Nail on head, especially the middle part. Go see the Delph thread for similarly misplaced desperation. I want to see Pep building a team to take us into the future and ideally beyond his tenure here. The only average players we should be buying this season are those who are only average because of age and inexperience. Sane could quite easily be considered currently average, or not an improvement on the side immediately, but the potential is clearly there. There are a few exceptions but Nolito definitely ain't one. Too many summers of signings like Nolito and its sent us backwards. I'm 100% sure the only reason its getting any traction on here is because we just got suckered by Laporte and everyone is desperate for a signing. If he had been suggested as a primary target a few months ago everyone would be telling Txiki to get fucked.
Did you say the same thing when we signed Negredo?

Did you say the same thing when we signed Negredo?

I honestly cant remember, but I'm not sure a guy who had half a good season before being sold is a great advert for buying Nolito. I definitely remember saying we should have signed a goal scoring wide forward instead of Navas though.

I honestly cant remember, but I'm not sure a guy who had half a good season before being sold is a great advert for buying Nolito. I definitely remember saying we should have signed a goal scoring wide forward instead of Navas though.
Negredo still scored well into the 20's of goals before his injury and personal stuff happened,he was unknown from spain and was worth the money
As i have pointed out before Nolito scores into double figures for last 3 yrs,it's easy tos ay he is cheap so must be crap but he has a lot to give and at a time sterling is struggling he is an able backup,i just don't see a down side for 14m

I like how the "he sucks" brigade are unable to put into words, or even bring objective statistics, as to why they feel that way other than "he's 29".

It's Pep who is running the show here, not Pellers anymore. People are legitimately allowed to express optimism about any player Pep is interested in, particularly one who scored 12 and assisted 7 in La Liga this year who may be available for only 14 million.

Negredo still scored well into the 20's of goals before his injury and personal stuff happened,he was unknown from spain and was worth the money
As i have pointed out before Nolito scores into double figures for last 3 yrs,it's easy tos ay he is cheap so must be crap but he has a lot to give and at a time sterling is struggling he is an able backup,i just don't see a down side for 14m

You misunderstand me Karen, I'm not saying Nolito is shit at all, I'm just saying he isn't the sort of player we should be looking at this summer. 14m or not, he takes up a space in the squad and takes up a good chunk of wages. Our signings this summer need to be absolutely bob fucking on; Saving some money shouldn't be entering into our thoughts. Young, hungry high potential signings or if they're older proper world class experience. Nolito would be a solid signing for someone chasing 4th place. I'd advocate him replacing Navas if that was all we needed to do with the squad, but as you always have to strike a balance between how many players you can realistically turn over in a single summer it doesn't sound like Navas is going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.