Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine, but they aren't throwing all their eggs in Nolito's basket. Links with Aubameyang and Sane prove that and we already have Gundogan.

14 million on the side, even if just for squad depth, doesn't detract from our hunt for world class talent.

I think it does, because I can't see us bringing in Aubemeyang, Sane and Nolito. Not with the other areas of our squad we need to address. There's a practical limit to how many you can switch over in one window.

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 2m2 minutes ago
City want to beat Barcelona to the signature of Spain forward Nolito (29) by paying his £14.4m buyout clause. [Mail]

ClQ5nYfWkAAp0-v.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

I wasn't impressed with him in the first game but he looked good last night. £14m for a current Spanish international winger who scores goals? Even at 29 he's got to be worth a punt, unless of course, Pep has somebody younger lined up. Could be a Tommy Hutchinson type signing.

Then I don't want him ... Have only just stopped crying after that cup final own goal !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's better than Navas and Sterling so as things stand he would be first choice on the wing. If we sign Aubameyang and Sané then he probably wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

...and we would need more wings than a dragonfly.

I'd rather see Pep sort Sterling out...put the money somewhere else.

Okay, we want World Class signings, but who doesn't?
As someone before said, world class players don't grow on trees. What current left winger do you guys think is world class at this very moment. Ronaldo, Neymar, Di Maria?, Douglas Costa?
And do you think that after shelling out 50 mill for a LW last year it would be feasible to get another one for 60-70 million???
Bob on players come with ridiculous price tags ,and as much money our owners have, we have to keep in mind that there are 4-5 potential positions that we need to fill and need to keep a balance of all sorts.

Underwhelming.

Nolito and Gundogan are hardly Aubemayang and Pogba are they. We just scraped 4th this season, with the way the shit at Trafford and Arsenal, etc will strengthen can we really risk another 2012 transfer window again?

We spend three years in limbo waiting for the best manager in the world, then don't give him the best players we could get? What's the point in that?

Given how "disappointed" Khaldoon said he was in the interview, why aren't we targeting players that will seriously improve the first team and get the fans excited after what by most people's admission was a really flat and boring season?

If we're going for these types of signings I don't see a title next season even with Pep in charge. We need at least one game changing star that every other major European team would pay anything to have, because Chelsea won't be shit again, Mourinho will make a huge difference to the scum, and Arsenal and Spurs already finished above us last season and will surely strengthen.

Underwhelming.

Nolito and Gundogan are hardly Aubemayang and Pogba are they. We just scraped 4th this season, with the way the shit at Trafford and Arsenal, etc will strengthen can we really risk another 2012 transfer window again?

We spend three years in limbo waiting for the best manager in the world, then don't give him the best players we could get? What's the point in that?

Given how "disappointed" Khaldoon said he was in the interview, why aren't we targeting players that will seriously improve the first team and get the fans excited after what by most people's admission was a really flat and boring season?

If we're going for these types of signings I don't see a title next season even with Pep in charge. We need at least one game changing star that every other major European team would pay anything to have, because Chelsea won't be shit again, Mourinho will make a huge difference to the scum, and Arsenal and Spurs already finished above us last season and will surely strengthen.
We have star players, more than any other club possibly in the premier league. What we don't have is a top quality squad that can sustain the extended absence of those stars.

Give me a top quality team, with a high work ethic, than a galactico collection any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.