Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
aura is only 27 isn't he.........we will get 4 years out of him........

the sensible approach long term would be Auba and Sane

Nolito is the definition of short term planning....29- 2 years at top level max and no resale value at all once that happens
In two years time Sterling would be 23 , Sane 22 and Roberts 21 , we'll be well stocked for young wingers

while I agree with everything you say the one thing you don't mention when talking about the profile of the player is his age...this doesn't fit the profile of what the club wants.....we would get a couple of years/maybe 3 out of him by which time he is beyond his prime with little resale value. (however sterling scored 10 didn't he last season for us so thats a little unfair on him as well..)

Gen question. If he doesn't fit the profile of what the club wants, why are we interested?

Lol why the f*** people are assuming that Aubameyang's deal have anything to do with Nolito. Aubameyang is NOT a winger, yes he CAN play there, just like KDB can play at the wings. But would you want him to play averagely at a position he's not suitable for? NOPE. Go and ask any BVB fan, they'll tell you he's not right for the RW let alone LW where Nolito would play. smh!

I would agree he doesnt meet the long term profile for what we might normally look for but in my opinion...this would be just a case of good business...an opportunity has come up to sign a Spanish international with proven track record of being able to score goals and with a very low release clause.....I think we'd be silly to pass on this guy without at least trying to get this deal done...

Utter bs simon23, nolito for 14mil for two seasons as a key player and two seasons as a squad player is a lot better value then auba as a back out or being played out of position. Nolito hasnt looked out of place surrounded by the worlds best in the Spain team, we need someone to play with aguero not instead of him and pep isn't known for playing two strikers. Resale value isn't an issue as we are getting him so cheap due to his release we could probably sell him after two years for a similar fee meanwhile auba's value can drop a lot more in two years he will be 29 and a striker who relied on pace regardless of how brilliant a season it would be unlikely we would get an offer close to the 65mil he would cost. Nolito is a better and safer investment from a business point of view as he is low risk high reward. 14mil is about half a troy deeney Ffs, if we get Nolito for 14 mil he would be the bargain of the summer.

Lol why the f*** people are assuming that Aubameyang's deal have anything to do with Nolito. Aubameyang is NOT a winger, yes he CAN play there, just like KDB can play at the wings. But would you want him to play averagely at a position he's not suitable for? NOPE. Go and ask any BVB fan, they'll tell you he's not right for the RW let alone LW where Nolito would play. smh!
this is my only worry with signing Auba. If he's not going to play as the target man or second striker I'm not sure if the reported £65m would be worth it. BVB fans I've spoken with seem to give the impression that he's just above average playing out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.