Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if we have the best manager in the world, he will know best the type of player he will be after and that might not be someone who is universally known. I want the world's best team, how that is constructed, I will leave that to those who will create it, but I genuinely believe it will not contain 11 worldies.

Ive not said anything about 11 worldies....i wouldnt class aubamayang in that bracket nor nolito but one is certainly a better option than the other. My reservations about nolito are about him as a player not his standing in world rankings and where he is on that....i think he will struggle but i guess we will see and i hope i am wrong

Eric Bailly isn't some world class signing.

El Nenny and Xhaka aren't world class big name signings. Hell Gundogan is a more complete MF than Xhaka. Stop crying.

Nolito fits the profile we are looking for. Wide player capable of dribbling and getting inside the box, who can score us some goals. Navas and Sterling didn't give us that much. We know Silva doesn't shoot often and Nasri was hurt. Nolito joining up improves this.

while I agree with everything you say the one thing you don't mention when talking about the profile of the player is his age...this doesn't fit the profile of what the club wants.....we would get a couple of years/maybe 3 out of him by which time he is beyond his prime with little resale value. (however sterling scored 10 didn't he last season for us so thats a little unfair on him as well..)

while I agree with everything you say the one thing you don't mention when talking about the profile of the player is his age...this doesn't fit the profile of what the club wants.....we would get a couple of years/maybe 3 out of him by which time he is beyond his prime with little resale value. (however sterling scored 10 didn't he last season for us so thats a little unfair on him as well..)

If we are intending to use some of the kids then that isn't a problem it actually fits quite well.

If the options are 1. Auba or 2. Nolito + Sane then I would be going for 2 all day, it's the smarter long term play

If we are intending to use some of the kids then that isn't a problem it actually fits quite well.
This, plus we aren't much of a "selling club" so we shouldn't worry about resale value. We should be worried about the years they're with the team and their contributions during that time and wonder if we should give them another short term contract. Demi is a prime example except he stayed maybe a year too long, but he did help bring in trophies during his time here. If we don't offer another contract after the initial 3 years or so, we should've either have kids ready to make that jump or another target in mind during that window.

Negredo still scored well into the 20's of goals before his injury and personal stuff happened,he was unknown from spain and was worth the money
As i have pointed out before Nolito scores into double figures for last 3 yrs,it's easy tos ay he is cheap so must be crap but he has a lot to give and at a time sterling is struggling he is an able backup,i just don't see a down side for 14m

We got damn lucky with Negredo. He isn't good. Full Stop. He had exactly 1.5 good seasons of football in his entire life. The season before he came to us and the first half of the season he was here. Thats it. A purple patch playing next to Aguero while the PL adjusted to Pellers Kamakazi attacking football is all you need to know about Negredo's time here. He is average.

aura is only 27 isn't he.........we will get 4 years out of him........

the sensible approach long term would be Auba and Sane

Nolito is the definition of short term planning....29- 2 years at top level max and no resale value at all once that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.