Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelming.

Nolito and Gundogan are hardly Aubemayang and Pogba are they. We just scraped 4th this season, with the way the shit at Trafford and Arsenal, etc will strengthen can we really risk another 2012 transfer window again?

We spend three years in limbo waiting for the best manager in the world, then don't give him the best players we could get? What's the point in that?

Given how "disappointed" Khaldoon said he was in the interview, why aren't we targeting players that will seriously improve the first team and get the fans excited after what by most people's admission was a really flat and boring season?

If we're going for these types of signings I don't see a title next season even with Pep in charge. We need at least one game changing star that every other major European team would pay anything to have, because Chelsea won't be shit again, Mourinho will make a huge difference to the scum, and Arsenal and Spurs already finished above us last season and will surely strengthen.

How the fuck do you know who we will end up with this transfer window?

Also regardless of who we do end up with I trust the best manager in the worlds judgement over yours funnily enough

i agree with you but every manager makes mistakes...even Pep......this is the time to go for real quality. We have the best manager in world football at present and we need to back him with absolute quality to signings (it will establish us long term as one of the very top teams) .........as far as we know at the moment the only real world class signing we have is Gudongan.......the rest are either potential (sane and stones) or a squad filler/short term solution (nolito)

We have made this mistake before when not backing Mancini in the season after we won the prem league........if we again make that mistake Txixi needs to have serious questions asked about him.
Surely if we have the best manager in the world, he will know best the type of player he will be after and that might not be someone who is universally known. I want the world's best team, how that is constructed, I will leave that to those who will create it, but I genuinely believe it will not contain 11 worldies.

Underwhelming.

Nolito and Gundogan are hardly Aubemayang and Pogba are they. We just scraped 4th this season, with the way the shit at Trafford and Arsenal, etc will strengthen can we really risk another 2012 transfer window again?

We spend three years in limbo waiting for the best manager in the world, then don't give him the best players we could get? What's the point in that?

Given how "disappointed" Khaldoon said he was in the interview, why aren't we targeting players that will seriously improve the first team and get the fans excited after what by most people's admission was a really flat and boring season?

If we're going for these types of signings I don't see a title next season even with Pep in charge. We need at least one game changing star that every other major European team would pay anything to have, because Chelsea won't be shit again, Mourinho will make a huge difference to the scum, and Arsenal and Spurs already finished above us last season and will surely strengthen.

1. How do you know we aren't?
2. How do you know for sure that players like Nolito won't seriously improve our first team?

11 worldies doesn't necessarily give you the best team in the world. I know the transfer thread is quiet and we are looking for scraps of info, but to infer we are looking at players who will not improve us is nonsense IMO.

Underwhelming.

Gundogan is a top quality player. Question mark about his fitness maybe. Only seen Nolito twice, and it's dangerous to go off tournaments, but he looks as good as anyone in that position. Not a household name, but a very good player. Committed, and direct. I think he'd do well in the Premiership.

Mourinho has a questionable reputation now, and given Utd's squad I don't think they will be contenders for a while.

Eric Bailly isn't some world class signing.

El Nenny and Xhaka aren't world class big name signings. Hell Gundogan is a more complete MF than Xhaka. Stop crying.

Nolito fits the profile we are looking for. Wide player capable of dribbling and getting inside the box, who can score us some goals. Navas and Sterling didn't give us that much. We know Silva doesn't shoot often and Nasri was hurt. Nolito joining up improves this.

The movement from him the other day was joyous to see. Imagine a forward player constantly making darting runs. For that alone I'm in.

We have star players, more than any other club possibly in the premier league. What we don't have is a top quality squad that can sustain the extended absence of those stars.

Give me a top quality team, with a high work ethic, than a galactico collection any day.

Thank you, too many people think we need huge superstar signings for £65m a piece this window when that's exactly what we don't need. The problem last season was injuries, a lack of proper depth and Pellegrini, we just need our team to be playing some proper football instead of the headless mess that we played last season, even if we had Aubameyang and Pogba we still wouldn't have won the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.