Non Handshake Poser

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."
then Ian Ayre Liverpools MD said this Suraez has been forced to say sorry
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...er-was-wrong-to-mislead-us-article864550.html
"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

A carefully worded apology, they have witnessed the media come out against them and know if the club / player does not apologise they will be in for a lot worse.

I await Evra's apology for his behaviour yesterday too. But wont hold my breath.
Funny thing about Evra is half the Swamp slag him off week in week out. Now he's the new Eric.

A collection of world class cunts trying to out-**** each other, in front of the watching football world IMHO.

Suarez - racist ****

Evra - whining ****

Ferguson - long standing ****

Dalglish - delusional ****.

Makes both clubs look pathetic and helps take the media focus of our beloved MCFC.

A good days work all round.

Dalglish has apologised too, not for his role in the wider issue but for the interview yesterday.

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do.

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager.

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

Hopefully this is the end of it now, ridiculous that they took four months to accept any responsibility for any wrongdoing, and doesn't excuse their actions for the previous four months. But as small gestures go, these are welcome ones.

Ferguson will be laughing, Dogleash on his knees for the United-worshiping Sky empire.

moomba said:
Dalglish has apologised too, not for his role in the wider issue but for the interview yesterday.

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do.

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager.

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

Hopefully this is the end of it now, ridiculous that they took four months to accept any responsibility for any wrongdoing, and doesn't excuse their actions for the previous four months. But as small gestures go, these are welcome ones.
to be honest much like Suarez's sounds like "king" Kenny has been forced to back track by Ian Ayre

colourmeblue said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
colourmeblue said:
Thats EXACTLY what he DID do albeit in sentiment only....imo he could easily provoked a much more serious incident. Classless,clueless and uncalled for. Every bit as bad (if not worse) as Ade's celebration v the Arse and we all know what was the outcome of that...not that I would expect the same action to be taken in this case...

What action? Adebayor WASN'T banned for his celebration (which in my opinion was deliberate and far worse), I don't know why there's this myth that he was. Neither should Evra be. It's ill-advised at best but emotions run high in games like this, no need to take action. It's a celebration, if professional sportsmen can't handle an opponent celebrating they shouldn't be in the game.
Adebayor was charged with improper conduct...where did I say he was banned? Also, if it was just a simple celebration there would be no problem but you and I and the dogs in the street know it wasnt. It was stupid childish and uncalled for at best and downright incendiary at worst. More to the point, it means that if it goes unpunished the whole sideshow of Suarez and Evra is going to incite even more bitterness into an already volatile stand off between the two clubs. What people fail to take into consideration is when a situation exists between two clubs like this it translates into logistical and policing nightmares when they meet, its not just the case of 'manning up' about it. There are real consequences to actions like this and they should be avoided if at all possible.

Adebayor was charged with improper conduct for raking hs studs down the rapists face. He was given a yellow card during the game for time wasting when he ran over to the goons.

Stoned Rose said:
A collection of world class cunts trying to out-**** each other, in front of the watching football world IMHO.

Suarez - racist ****

Evra - whining ****

Ferguson - long standing ****

Dalglish - delusional ****.

Makes both clubs look pathetic and helps take the media focus of our beloved MCFC.

A good days work all round.

I'll go with this - my point all along is that Evra has to shoulder a portion of the blame for this sorry episode - just as Camel Gobs baby brother has for the Terry incident (which I am very confident JT will be cleared of by the way)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.