North Stand Construction Discussion

You are right about all those things.

But fan engagement is either still very poor or doesn’t exist. That’s the decision the club took a long time ago. And that’s what they are sticking to.
If I was local these days I would probably be more sympathetic, but I am so far from Manchester now I have become a “tourist”, in the words of many on here, despite having been a fan of 58 years and a regular at Maine Road for half my adult life. But now I live in Bournemouth, who are also in the Premier League. I have a grandson mad on football, and he relies on his Dad paying for hospitality so he can watch them, the capacity is less than 12k, and the tickets are impossible to get except for friendlies and unattractive Carabao Cup home ties. So in effect, for every home game he and his Dad attend, they pay more than a Ticket for a City home game. I read somewhere that Leyton Orient sell out their home games every week, and they are in Division One. The big issue here is that the demand for tickets is outstripping supply, City’s owners would be mad not to follow the rules of economic success. Sad but true, blame the TV

So if you choose or are unable to go to all 19 games,the club presumably have the right to sell your seat at an inflated price for those games ?
Correct. You have a 3 day window to buy your seat approx 3 weeks before the game. If you don't its listed by the club.

Right, I'm following this thread now. This is going to be fun......off home soon and I'll get a nice glass of whisky after me tea and sit down. I'll get some gifs lined up.
What dram would that be malg ? just being a nosey git, got a Bunnah 12 c/s lined up for tonight :-)

Btw, the fact that the 1894 lot and their fanbase often use the words such boot licker to describe blues with a different opinion to theirs, should tell you that there is a big part of this which is a robin hood vanity crusade for them.
Seriously, are you still fucking going on about that? A different opinion? Come off it. A poster went on a completely unwarranted hate-filled vitriolic rant about 1894 and because @Manchester33 dared to ask if he was a bootlicker you ended up siding with the poster he questioned. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that the **** spouting that shite was deliberately causing trouble, yet you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. You want your fucking head testing mate.

Last edited:
Your words, not mine, re the 1894. But I do stand by what I said about their statement.

That post above, and their response are very different, let's not pretend to be dumb.

Look, I might be a bit of a git here and there, but I am not usually unreasonable. The fact I reacted to it like that, and the fact that a dozen or so generally level-headed blues agreed with me, I would say suggests their statement is actually open to being read like that, and rubbing people the wrong way.

It is easy to bang out cliches of 'standing up against a corporate machine' while avoiding the actual response.

I read it again today having slept on it. I see it the same way as I did yesterday, indulgently championing their conflict with the club, first and forememost.
There was fuck-all wrong with that statement. If anything, it was nowhere near as hard-hitting as it could’ve been. You’ve lost the plot.
Any opinion on Alex’s point that it’s going to be Flexi Gold season tickets only in the new stand? Or are you still spitting your dummy out about the 1894 statement and the timing of it? Speaking of which, what gives you the fucking right to tell 1894 or any other fucking group when they can or can’t release a statement?

Seriously, are you still fucking going on about that? A different opinion? Come off it. A poster went on a completely unwarranted hate-filled vitriolic rant about 1894 and because @Manchester33 dared to ask if he was a bootlicker you ended up siding with him. You want your fucking head testing mate.

If I 'sided' with anyone, it is because I would have agreed with their point and disagreed with the other.

But no I am not still going on about it, it was used just yesterday, in the context of defending their statement. And slagging the club off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.