North Stand Construction Discussion

That would be really depressing for both atmosphere and facilities. Level 3 was done as cheaply as possible. I doubt a new stand anywhere in a top flight league in Europe has been constructed or finished as poorly as level 3.
The top tiers of the Nou Camp and the San Siro are worse mate. I know the matter is getting knocked down.

The top tiers of the Nou Camp and the San Siro are worse mate. I know the matter is getting knocked down.

Apparently not. Milan council want to save the San Siro.

The City Council of Milan is waiting to see if an injunction against demolishing the San Siro is granted before it can give its final approval to the new stadium plans of Inter and AC Milan.

This according to Italian news outlet La Repubblica, via FCInter1908, who report that the clubs have Plan B at the ready in the event that an injunction is to stop them from demolishing the San Siro, effectively precluding the possibility of building within Milan.

Yeah. The build, finish and snagging on SSL3 looks sh*t In places.

The City Council of Milan is waiting to see if an injunction against demolishing the San Siro is granted before it can give its final approval to the new stadium plans of Inter and AC Milan.

This according to Italian news outlet La Repubblica, via FCInter1908, who report that the clubs have Plan B at the ready in the event that an injunction is to stop them from demolishing the San Siro, effectively precluding the possibility of building within Milan.

What happens if they don’t knock it down

I’m trying to keep an open mind.

I have no doubt the expanded North stand, 2 tiers looks likely due to various people/posters posting that, City Plaza(Square), the Hotel, and the Museum will have the wow factor. But I’m more bothered about the stand layout, the safe standing and seating arrangements, the singing section, and everything we’ve all discussed that will hopefully create a better atmosphere and a proper home end.
Why are people this arsed about a “home end” tried and tested and been shite. Several times

Why are people this arsed about a “home end” tried and tested and been shite. Several times

Giving the SSL1 away end to 750-1000 City fans in cup games isn’t creating a home end, when the club has to put 6000-8000 away fans above SSL1 in SSL2 and SSL3. The City fans who take up the SSL1 away end tend to be families and tourist. Creating a proper home end full of 10,000-15,000 City fans who hopefully want to sing and want to create an atmosphere is a totally different matter altogether.

But let’s be positive, ah! :-/

It is owned by the "Milan Council" who want it demolished, the injunction is sought by an environmental group in Milan but would need to be granted by national government.

It was tarted up for 1990 but has been crumbling since.

Reactions: jrb

It hasn’t been tried and tested. A few cup games in level 1 isn’t evidence and it’s no comparison at all to an 8,000 standing section full of season ticket holders and organised sections of singers.

The south stand in the cup is often full of tourists/ families and we give most of it to away fans as well

People are arsed because the atmosphere is poor and we have no large section where city fans are joined up. We are one of the only teams in the top flight without a home end - why on earth wouldn’t you want that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.