North Stand Construction Discussion

It hasn’t been tried and tested. A few cup games in level 1 isn’t evidence and it’s no comparison at all to an 8,000 standing section full of season ticket holders and organised sections of singers.

The south stand in the cup is often full of tourists/ families and we give most of it to away fans as well

People are arsed because the atmosphere is poor and we have no large section where city fans are joined up. We are one of the only teams in the top flight without a home end - why on earth wouldn’t you want that?

Because 24 posts since the 20th of January 2023 means Weavers Run really isn’t in the North Stand expansion thread loop yet. ;-)

The top tiers of the Nou Camp and the San Siro are worse mate. I know the matter is getting knocked down.

Probably Tim, I was more comparing to stands recently built. Level 3 is 6 years old and its really poor. The floor is like an ice rink, it leaks water, never even had a lick of paint or cladded internally in any way. The main decoration is the fire stickers around the service penetrations indicating they have been fire stopped.

There’s been no fan consultation, all they ever seem to do is gear everything to making as much money out of something as they can, knowing what City are like I’m 90% sure that mirroring the South Stand with a corporate second tier is what they’re going to do.

That 10% that they’ll do something special is keeping me hopeful.
I rekon they do want to make the new stand a proper singing section, but I think we may see more corporate seats elsewhere in the ground.

Put it this way, I rekon anyone sat in Level 2 around the ground is in danger of being moved to make way for Coorperates.

Eventually they'll want it to be similar to spurs and arsenal where the entirety of Level 2 is made up of Hospitality where they'll serve you a piece of meat the size of a bollock and as well as a free matchday programme.

It is owned by the "Milan Council" who want it demolished, the injunction is sought by an environmental group in Milan but would need to be granted by national government.

It was tarted up for 1990 but has been crumbling since.
So it won’t stop them moving they don’t need to demolish and sell to help build the new ground.

Don’t know what you can do with a building like that though no one else will be able to use it. Or could they turn it into a concert venue

I rekon they do want to make the new stand a proper singing section, but I think we may see more corporate seats elsewhere in the ground.

Put it this way, I rekon anyone sat in Level 2 around the ground is in danger of being moved to make way for Coorperates.

Eventually they'll want it to be similar to spurs and arsenal where the entirety of Level 2 is made up of Hospitality where they'll serve you a piece of meat the size of a bollock and as well as a free matchday programme.
I don’t like corporate sections but Blues in East Stand L2 and Colin Bell were notified many years ago that their seats would become corporate or premium. Fans in the minority of blocks that are still sold as regular season cards have done pretty well so far.

In addition, like it loathe it, there is significant demand for corporate and premium seats and that’s why those sections have expanded / been converted in the ground, including pubs in the corners of the South Stand. The peole who pay these high prices don’t always turn up for games but the tickets get sold.

There’s plenty of working class people who will go corporate for a family celebration. I know this because these tickets are in demand on the unofficial Facebook pages where there are a lot of working class Blues.

The North Stand expansion is an opportunity to have more affordable tickets in the ground and to improve the atmosphere. I don’t know if relatively poorer people make a better atmosphere or not. Hopefully, we will have the chance to find out.

It’s not the stand, even a 2 tier stand, it’s what you make of it.(if the club allows us to)

Borussia Mönchengladbach - North Curva

FEF995FB-DB7E-42B7-974B-5BBFC30B0B4B.jpeg

You could have a small tin shed stand, but if you fill it with fans who want to sing and to create an atmosphere, it could be one of the best stands in football.

Last edited:
It’s not the stand, even a 2 tier stand, it’s what you make of it.(if the club allows us to)

Borussia Mönchengladbach - North Curva

View attachment 68064

You could have a small tin shed stand, but if you fill it with fans who want to sing and to create an atmosphere, it could be one of the best stands in football.
I think being able to drink in the stands helps.

Would that be a good or bad thing over here? I know i would most likely have about 2 pint’s worth in my clothing by the end of the game in 115

I think being able to drink in the stands helps.

Would that be a good or bad thing over here? I know i would most likely have about 2 pint’s worth in my clothing by the end of the game in 115

Next to the away fans it would be bad. There would be beer flying over from both sides. In the home end at the other end of the ground it would be good. Putting beer pot holders on the rails would be a great idea. Get a pint. Get to your safe standing seat early. Put the pint in the pot holder. Start singing. Have a drink whilst there’s a break in the chanting. And during the game. Maybe City should ask the PL to trial it in the expanded North stand in 3 years time? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.