North Stand Construction Discussion

We can surely have two singing ends. The north stand being the main home end. Most other clubs in the premier league have that.
Indeed.

There’ll be loads of fans around the away fans now who don’t want to move to a new stand. Leave them down the South Stand to give shit to the away fans and have a massive singing end up at the North Stand.

There are loads of potential names:

The Great Northern End (a bit more imaginative than just ‘the North Stand’… we’d be the ‘Northerners’ who stand in there, could have a massive banner saying ‘GREAT NORTHERN’)
The Pit (in relation to the colliery that was once on site)
The Wonderwall
The 93:20 Stand
(since it was the end that 93:20 goal was scored at)
The Co-Op Stand (sponsor the stand and get more money coming in)

At one time I was adamant a proper City home end should be called the Kippax, but there’s only one Kippax and I think that should be left in our history and the new end should have a new name.
93.20 for me

I think £299 season tickets would do the trick - i sit in SS3 and there's a good group up there that get behind the boys regularly, if you put £299 tickets in the new north stand a fair few (me included) would happily move and if theres a few singing the people around would naturally join in
And it needs to be up at the levels of numbers that clubs like Bayern have. Bayern have around 16,000 season tickets at around £160.

We have around 1,200 cheap season tickets but we need upwards of 12,000 cheap season tickets to really make this work.

I think we had around 10,000 applicants for the cheap SSL3 season tickets when they first came out. We have the demand. I know loads of lads who’d come back to our support if we did that.

For the love of god no haha. I like 93:20 stand out of your suggestions.

I completely understand your reasoning for not wanting to call it the Kippax, however this needs to appeal to city fans and make people want to move from their existing seats to create a proper home end.

I personally think calling it the Kippax would be the best way to do this.

If we don't want to confuse, it could always be "The New Kippax"

The tourists are vital to the club as they come for the day or two days when this is finished, stay in the hotel, eat at the ground etc and spend alot more than the local?
With a proper decent City Square with less of the cheese on toast presenting and kids games and get more bands on, more bars with decent beer at decent prices and screens that just show City game/goals in the background and me and my lot would be spending far more on the piss than most tourists would at the ground.

90% of the attendance are adult males, if they understood this and aimed City Square at them instead of aiming it at the tiny minority that are children, they’d make far more money from the fans.

And it needs to be up at the levels of numbers that clubs like Bayern have. Bayern have around 16,000 season tickets at around £160.

We have around 1,200 cheap season tickets but we need upwards of 12,000 cheap season tickets to really make this work.

I think we had around 10,000 applicants for the cheap SSL3 season tickets when they first came out. We have the demand. I know loads of lads who’d come back to our support if we did that.
Bang on mate. If they price the new stand right it will be fucking rocking every game, think how much noise we make at somewhere like Blackburn when we get 7k vocal blues in the same end. Add the south stand that will still be bouncing off the away fans to that and our ground could be quite something

1677604487026-png.70623

1677604655236-png.70624

With this picture and other people asking where the LED TV screens going, here is an idea place them next to the glass window part in the picture just like the Tennessee Titans are doing in their new stadium

There are loads of potential names:

The Great Northern End (a bit more imaginative than just ‘the North Stand’… we’d be the ‘Northerners’ who stand in there, could have a massive banner saying ‘GREAT NORTHERN’)
The Pit (in relation to the colliery that was once on site)
The Wonderwall
The 93:20 Stand
(since it was the end that 93:20 goal was scored at)

At one time I was adamant a proper City home end should be called the Kippax, but there’s only one Kippax and I think that should be left in our history and the new end should have a new name.
The Bell end.........has to be.

Seriously? The Kippax North Stand

Fuck all else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.