North Stand Construction Discussion

Thing the whole thing is geared to visitors from overseas coming for one or two games a season, or a once in a lifetime visit.

Personally I just want a better Metrolink service, currently it is wank.
For now I personally don't care as I walk to and from town but I am 60 next year so in 10 years time who knows if I will want to or be able to walk that far. Metrolink needs to improve it services so less queueing after the game.

Hopefully.

There’s nothing worse than a blank wall on a building.

Really looking forward to seeing the proposal in more detail.

Hopefully the club have commissioned a model and a CGI flythrough video?
you might need to get a better camera, exciting times and you do a brilliant job

Reactions: nmc
Thanks for posting the CGI’s, Hello City.

Screen grabbed and enlarged.

I appreciate the drawing is as basic as it comes.

A few observations.

Looks like there will be a corporate area and viewing at the back of level 2, if they are windows, and at the back of the stand above the new City Square. City badge on the glass windows. Saying that, they might just be the concours windows?

Not keen on the blank wall on the left building, which is probably the museum and souvenir shop? That needs looking at again.

View attachment 70613

View attachment 70617
View attachment 70614

Extremely chuffed with this latest announcement as I was concerned the PL's attempt to slander us would result in our owners taking a more conservative approach for the future.

I think a poster stated earlier that the left block (fang) would probably contain the hotel or at least part of it.

Whilst I appreciate these are currently concepts the left wall you're concerned about is surely prime real estate for corporate sponsorships which would help our FFP revenue books.

With the Coop Arena right opposite the new stadium extension, City certainly seem to be making in roads for this be an entertainment destination venue. I can understand some may simply want to go & see a football game, but the investment will undoubtedly improve & transform the area for the better including employment opportunities & far outweighs this mentality.

I can imagine you're in your element with this latest release of designs ;-)

View attachment 70611
Looks amazing hopefully all the first tier is safe stading and 1894 have access to this section a proper home end. Could do with filling this stand full of Citeys answer to the Ashburton Army to create a wall of noise. @jrb well done City have done what you wanted just need you second wish to happen now

Surely you’d want all the standing to be in the second tier? A huge tier that would house all the singers. It would be such a missed opportunity if it was only tier 1.

Anyone got any naming ideas yet? I feel as though we need to pay tribute to one of our greatest icons, and I'm sure many would love to see "The Moonchester Stand and Hotel" lighting up the night sky...
There are loads of potential names:

The Great Northern End (a bit more imaginative than just ‘the North Stand’… we’d be the ‘Northerners’ who stand in there, could have a massive banner saying ‘GREAT NORTHERN’)
The Pit (in relation to the colliery that was once on site)
The Wonderwall
The 93:20 Stand
(since it was the end that 93:20 goal was scored at)
The Co-Op Stand (sponsor the stand and get more money coming in)

At one time I was adamant a proper City home end should be called the Kippax, but there’s only one Kippax and I think that should be left in our history and the new end should have a new name.

View attachment 70611
Looks amazing hopefully all the first tier is safe stading and 1894 have access to this section a proper home end. Could do with filling this stand full of Citeys answer to the Ashburton Army to create a wall of noise. @jrb well done City have done what you wanted just need you second wish to happen now
Thankfully, we haven’t got a City answer to the fucking Asburton Army!

Not just me, what everyone wanted. We can all congratulate ourselves.

A lot of credit has to go to the club for listening to the fans, taking onboard our views and opinions, and delivering what we wanted.

Of course there‘s still a lot to be sorted out like season ticket prices, a singing section, travel issues, etc.

But what’s proposed by the club is absolutely superb and world class.
Surely SECOND tier safe standing ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.