North Stand Construction Discussion

There has been this CGI doing the rounds showing the extended two tiered North Stand from inside the ground, I'm not sure whether it's official, leaked or fan made though.

Pretty sure that was fan made. I think considering the scale of it, the north stand would still feel like part of the wider bowl structure from other areas of the ground, and only when arriving at that stand would that aesthetic be lost.

Anyone remember the back yards behind the North Stand where you could park your bicycle for 50p whilst at the match? No moaning about trams in those days.

This may have been answered elsewhere so apologies if its a repetition.

Is the extension going to be one full tier i.e a lower and extended upper or three tiers as per the south stand? Can't really tell from the concept drawing.

We do know, because it's mission statement is in the proposal documents.

I am privy to some of it, having been asked 12 months ago to discuss some of the transport issues and possible solutions with people at CFG.

Imagine my surprise that most didn't even have a clue why we had so many early leavers!!

As per my previous post, coming from Sale/ Alty. Thousands stood on platforms down the line all the way to Cornbrook for a tram change.

I use the car to try and avoid it, but usually takes me an hour and ten for an eight mile drive from 5pm, so I can try and find a spot to park by half six.

Happy enough with the designs, but you don't build a new housing estate without building a few new schools as well
Always maintained that being a matchgoing fan of City living in the south of the city is difficult and likewise it's tough for a matchgoing Utd fan living in North Manchester. The infrastructure around the roads of Manchester is proper shoddy.

Some unbiased views from people who are interested in property development, including sensible United fans', and people who have no interest in football at all. The proposal has had a mixed reaction on SSC-MCR.

Some posters think it looks good, other posters don't think it looks good. Valid reasons have been given for both points of view.

There are 1 or 2 silly jibes, but those aside, interesting reading, if anyone is interested?

From post 3,808 onwards.

thanks for posting. Lack of ambition was an interesting comment. See a few comments about transport improvements too.

If only the Council would extend Lime's licence to operate in Manchester and not just Salford..

fcropescooter3T_3186.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.