North Stand Construction Discussion

Both clubs are pretty much constantly sold out so I'm not sure what the point of comparing to anything else is? Pricing is another topic entirely. I can't say I've seen any sensible answers as to how you get only local fans in at cheap prices when the "tourists" could equally buy the same tickets?
I replied to a post asking would we fill a 70,000 stadium. Some people, even some of our own fans, don’t think we’ll fill this new stand in a 62,000(?) stadium.

City could have a stadium the size of Old Trafford and United could have a stadium the size of the Camp Nou and priced accordingly we’d both sell out. Whether we both sell out now is neither here nor there really, both stadiums are far too small for the size of our fanbases. And it would be fair ticket prices that would determine the eventual capacity.

54,000 is quite a piddly little stadium in my eyes. That we’re selling that out now isn’t a good achievement for a club that once had an 85,000 stadium and have dozens of attendances over 70,000. Plus when it’s £68 a ticket for adults and £37 a ticket for kids, we don’t sell out.

West Ham have shown this. They historically have only the eleventh all-time highest average attendance but have moved into a stadium where they now have the second highest average attendance in the country, and they don’t even win or even challenge for anything.

Spurs stadium is very nice, but it’s 15,000 seats too small, Arsenal’s is about 25,000 seats too small. Liverpool are adding to their stadium but even when they’ve joined this new bit onto the Anfield Road end, it’ll still be about 30,000 seats too small for their fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liverpool have a very limited number of £9 tickets per match. They have less season ticket holders than we have because they have more match day ticket sales and make more money that way from the tourists, day trippers and Norwegians.
All Junior tickets are £9 in every stand for all Prem games at Anfield

2C9CFF79-8F57-41B0-AEAF-4C2BCB57DE2C.jpeg

Even then, Liverpool could have as many season ticket holders as West Ham if they wanted to and increase their match day tickets and get 90,000 going to games if they priced things right for everyone.

We think far too small in the Premier League.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Junior tickets are £9 in every stand for all Prem games at Anfield

View attachment 71710

Even then, Liverpool could have as many season ticket holders as West Ham if they wanted to and increase their match day tickets and get 90,000 going to games if they priced things right for everyone.
Fair play to the dippers. They've got that right.

It would also be nice for Edin to be there as without his goal for the 2-2 we wouldn’t have been in a position for 93:20. Maybe even invite mad Mario back to recognise the importance of his assist.
Also, give one to Nasri for mistakingly letting the ball out, which allowed QPR to give us the ball back, which allowed VK to sprint up field with the ball, which allowed...

I wouldn’t name it after a player. I always think that street names or town names or nicknames like the Kippax Stand and Stretford End or the Spion Kop are much better names than player name stands.

The North Stand’s closest area is Miles Platting and its nearest street is New Viaduct Street. So neither of those are fitting enough to be named as a stand.

So the nicknames are going to be better. Some I came up with earlier in the thread are:
The 93.20 Stand
The Great Northern End (it’s the North Stand, it’s the Northern end of the stadium, we are Northerners, Great Northern is a warehouse in the city centre, the ‘Great’ gives it a bit of ‘umph’…)
The Wonderwall
The Pit (after the colliery on the site).

I’m sure others will come up with some decent, worse and better ones n’all.
The Bradford End would be a nice nod to the history of the area - and 93:20 would be great if they hadn't used it for the lounge.

The Bradford End would be a nice nod to the history of the area - and 93:20 would be great if they hadn't used it for the lounge.
It’s the .....Great Northern.

The Sheikh loves it and Kun & David will officially open it.

Close the thread !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.