North Stand Construction Discussion

I agree completely that the club needs to make the small number of general admission tickets left more accessible to non season card holders. The adult ticket price is generally £55-60 for single games which is way too much.

Like you say the best opportunity for new fans to come to a game are usually CL group games and cup games where prices are cheaper and there's more availability of adjacent seats. Unfortunately these tend to be the games where the atmosphere isn't quite up to par which I can imagine doesn't create the best impression.

Regarding the OSC coaches being made up of mainly 50+ year olds, could this not be more to do with the OSCs themselves (for whatever reason) failing to appeal to younger fans? It seems to me like we have plenty of younger (under 30s) fans at games but would be very interesting to see the data on the average/median age of fans over the years.

The younger lads prefer to travel independently home and away.

You know I mentioned that months ago on here. I don’t think it is a daft idea at all. Would help with the flow of spectators and be a great addition to the City. Fairly cheap option compared to tunnelling and ground works. Just need the pylons, rails a couple of stations and off you go
Cheap?
Upwards of £500m
HS2 is >£400m a mile
Motorway £10M a mile
Metrolink Expansion to TC £350m for 3 miles

Who do you suggest would fund this?

I agree completely that the club needs to make the small number of general admission tickets left more accessible to non season card holders. The adult ticket price is generally £55-60 for single games which is way too much.

Like you say the best opportunity for new fans to come to a game are usually CL group games and cup games where prices are cheaper and there's more availability of adjacent seats. Unfortunately these tend to be the games where the atmosphere isn't quite up to par which I can imagine doesn't create the best impression.

Regarding the OSC coaches being made up of mainly 50+ year olds, could this not be more to do with the OSCs themselves (for whatever reason) failing to appeal to younger fans? It seems to me like we have plenty of younger (under 30s) fans at games but would be very interesting to see the data on the average/median age of fans over the years.
Wasn't there a survey done in one of the papers about match going fans and didn't City and Everton come out on top as the the fanbase's that had been going the longest amount of years? The average age of our match going fan was 58 I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.