North Stand Construction Discussion

"You are spot on there, u tell City fans that they need ultra fans like the Ashburton Army at Arsenal you just get shouted down"

@LEXSTARproject

Hi Mate, saw you posted this on SCC. City have had by far better atmospheres over Arsenal for most of the PL era and especially the last 12 years. The reason Arsenal have picked up this season is because of the novelty of them going for the title for the first time in a long time. This idea we need 'ultra fans' like Arsenal shows only short term rationalisation and a lack of clarity or understanding of the bigger story.
Ash Burton Army......Nurse,NURSE !!

Loved my one season sat on the back row just as the stand corners toward the main stand, it was when the Kippax was being rebuilt, the atmosphere in there for some of games was electric, West Ham, Everton & Spurs, great games
That was my one and only season in the North Stand as well. I seem to remember that as part of the deal with the building of the seated Kippax, you bought 2 years STs together and the cost of each amounted to about £120.

"You are spot on there, u tell City fans that they need ultra fans like the Ashburton Army at Arsenal you just get shouted down"

@LEXSTARproject

Hi Mate, saw you posted this on SCC. City have had by far better atmospheres over Arsenal for most of the PL era and especially the last 12 years. The reason Arsenal have picked up this season is because of the novelty of them going for the title for the first time in a long time. This idea we need 'ultra fans' like Arsenal shows only short term rationalisation and a lack of clarity or understanding of the bigger story.
Which SSC thread is that comment on, HelloCity?

That was my one and only season in the North Stand as well. I seem to remember that as part of the deal with the building of the seated Kippax, you bought 2 years STs together and the cost of each amounted to about £120.

I’m sure ( and by ‘sure’ I mean a vague recollection that may well be bullshit ) I remember buying a three year season ticket at one point at Maine Road.

I’m sure ( and by ‘sure’ I mean a vague recollection that may well be bullshit ) I remember buying a three year season ticket at one point at Maine Road.
you may well be right... a lot of ale has been supped in the intervening 20 odd years. I just know that at least one of the seasons was a proper bargain.

Which SSC thread is that comment on, HelloCity?
You do get shouted down on here, @jrb posts about Ultra fans on here he gets attacked for his views. As city supporters, we should all be allowed to have our opinion on matters that affect the club. The person I was replying to is right, you can have the best stand in the world but you need to fill it with fans who want to make noise, if you look around the EPL there are two clubs that have brought in so-called ultra fans both Arsenal and Crystal Palace.

Please see what is happening elsewhere in the UK in this video and see videos from Crystal Palace and West Ham

Looks what happening in Scotland

You do get shouted down on here, @jrb posts about Ultra fans on here he gets attacked for his views. As city supporters, we should all be allowed to have our opinion on matters that affect the club. The person I was replying to is right, you can have the best stand in the world but you need to fill it with fans who want to make noise, if you look around the EPL there are two clubs that have brought in so-called ultra fans both Arsenal and Crystal Palace.

Please see what is happening elsewhere in the UK in this video and see videos from Crystal Palace and West Ham

Looks what happening in Scotland

It’s not being shouted down, it’s a mix of opinions. Personally I think we’ve done alright down the years for atmosphere, we seem to fill the stadium and win things so not sure why people are so desperate to copy what others are doing. I do agree with @jrb about putting our noisy fans together in the new North Stand L2, but from the noise that visiting fans have made in SS L2 & 3 in cup games, without any coordination, I think it’ll be brilliant when it’s done.

It’s not being shouted down, it’s a mix of opinions. Personally I think we’ve done alright down the years for atmosphere, we seem to fill the stadium and win things so not sure why people are so desperate to copy what others are doing. I do agree with @jrb about putting our noisy fans together in the new North Stand L2, but from the noise that visiting fans have made in SS L2 & 3 in cup games, without any coordination, I think it’ll be brilliant when it’s done.
I agree with putting all the noisy fans in North Stand L1 and L2 but it needs to be coordinated, in the USA instead of ultras they call it supporters sections, they have drums, megaphones and flairs and march to the ground, they also have capo stands. It seems here that a section of fans don't want that, no one is forcing them to go to L1 or L2 but they will make it vocal that everyone needs to think as they do, so where the shouting down comes from @jrb does an amazing job on but gets attacked for his views which is not right everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need to shout other people down.

I agree with putting all the noisy fans in North Stand L1 and L2 but it needs to be coordinated, in the USA instead of ultras they call it supporters sections, they have drums, megaphones and flairs and march to the ground, they also have capo stands. It seems here that a section of fans don't want that, no one is forcing them to go to L1 or L2 but they will make it vocal that everyone needs to think as they do, so where the shouting down comes from @jrb does an amazing job on but gets attacked for his views which is not right everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need to shout other people down.

How often have you been to English football games? I’m not against organising vocal fans together but I’ve grown up enjoying the atmospheres we have over the years. I don’t think drums/capos are needed and believe that is the majority view of fans in the UK. It just isn’t British. That said maybe it will come in eventually, who knows. But think about when Crystal Palace brought in cheerleaders, it was a bit shit really, despite being easy on the eye!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.