North Stand Construction Discussion

How often have you been to English football games? I’m not against organising vocal fans together but I’ve grown up enjoying the atmospheres we have over the years. I don’t think drums/capos are needed and believe that is the majority view of fans in the UK. It just isn’t British. That said maybe it will come in eventually, who knows. But think about when Crystal Palace brought in cheerleaders, it was a bit shit really, despite being easy on the eye!
I have been to loads of games in England, Scotland and Spain they all have different cultures but this "It just isn't British is not right the video below is from the SPL. Just look at the Green Brigade from Celtic which we have to thank for getting safe standing back in football, look at that one section of how it creates noise for the rest of the stadium.

@jrb is spot on in what he says in his post, So was our manager Pep Guardiola and he knows his stuff, he had a go at the club, and he has done this quite a lot about the atmosphere. The new North Stand if done right gives city there 12 man

"Both the English and European ways of supporting teams have their pluses and minuses. Neither way of supporting teams is perfect. Both ways are learnt by upbringing and tradition on the terraces, passed down by generations of fellow fans, family and friends.

At times against Burnley in SSL1 I noticed 3 or 4 different groups of lads trying to start the same chant or different chants off at the same time. (I found it really annoying and frustrating) They either drowned each other out or they were totally out of sink, meaning the chants either didn’t take off or faded away quickly.

In Europe that doesn’t happen as the capo starts and leads the chanting at the front of the stand, the Ultras directly in front of the Capo continue the chant, and then the chant spreads across the whole stand, meaning everyone is singing the same chant in unison. :-)

I’m not saying we need a Capo at the front of the new North stand home end, be it on level 1 or on Level 2, hopefully, it will be on level 2.

But what we need is a proper and organised singing section, so everyone in the singing section is singing the same chant. That doesn’t mean people outside of the singing section shouldn’t start chanting off. A centralised singing section on Level 2 would be the ideal scenario so the chanting spreads to the front and to the back of the stand at the same time."

Fm6gWNXWQAIMPQJ

Regarding marches to the ground, these videos are shot in Scotland

I agree, it is old world built on a standard gauge from the 1870's in Bury to Manchester's case and that the monorail is all shiny and new.

But my point was the monorail was designed from scratch to connect an area that didn't exist at the turn of this century and so an integral part of the long term design and still cost about £100M per mile and can only transport about 100 people at a time. The monorail is a shiny toy to take you from one shiny place to another at less than 50% capacity. It's not the mass transit we need.

Much like the log flume from SS Level 3 and the Cheetah racing in the carpark let's consign the monorail to the fanciful and look at what may work
Monorails are rubbish. They can only go from point to point. You can’t have junctions or anything complicated switching. There was one in Sydney that everyone used to cite as the future.

It closed ten years ago and has been largely dismantled!

Gimmicks like monorails are expensive, inflexible, and not fit for purpose.

"You are spot on there, u tell City fans that they need ultra fans like the Ashburton Army at Arsenal you just get shouted down"

@LEXSTARproject

Hi Mate, saw you posted this on SCC. City have had by far better atmospheres over Arsenal for most of the PL era and especially the last 12 years. The reason Arsenal have picked up this season is because of the novelty of them going for the title for the first time in a long time. This idea we need 'ultra fans' like Arsenal shows only short term rationalisation and a lack of clarity or understanding of the bigger story.
The fucking Ashbruton Army, haha. About forty 20 year olds all dressed in black and chant songs that have nothing to do with Arsenal’s fan culture history, where 0% of the rest of Arsenal’s stadium join in with them and instead actually all join in with the other end of the stadium to drown this ‘Armys’ shite out.

This Lexstar bloke - who I have suspicions is a different username used by another Ultra bumming poster on here - is constantly pushing this shit about Ultras and it’s fucking tedious!

I’ve never met a single City fan in the flesh who likes or wants this Ultras nonsense at our club and my group of mates and people I know from going to City range from early 20s in age up to about mid 70s and everything in between.

I agree with putting all the noisy fans in North Stand L1 and L2 but it needs to be coordinated, in the USA instead of ultras they call it supporters sections, they have drums, megaphones and flairs and march to the ground, they also have capo stands. It seems here that a section of fans don't want that, no one is forcing them to go to L1 or L2 but they will make it vocal that everyone needs to think as they do, so where the shouting down comes from @jrb does an amazing job on but gets attacked for his views which is not right everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need to shout other people down.

Ffs every time I come on this thread there are multiple nonsense posts from you.

Have you every been to a City match ? Do you know anything about fan culture in this country ?

I’d hazard a guess that the answer is no to both.

‘Capo stands’ !! Give me fucking strength !

I have been to loads of games in England, Scotland and Spain they all have different cultures but this "It just isn't British is not right the video below is from the SPL. Just look at the Green Brigade from Celtic which we have to thank for getting safe standing back in football, look at that one section of how it creates noise for the rest of the stadium.

@jrb is spot on in what he says in his post, So was our manager Pep Guardiola and he knows his stuff, he had a go at the club, and he has done this quite a lot about the atmosphere. The new North Stand if done right gives city there 12 man

"Both the English and European ways of supporting teams have their pluses and minuses. Neither way of supporting teams is perfect. Both ways are learnt by upbringing and tradition on the terraces, passed down by generations of fellow fans, family and friends.

At times against Burnley in SSL1 I noticed 3 or 4 different groups of lads trying to start the same chant or different chants off at the same time. (I found it really annoying and frustrating) They either drowned each other out or they were totally out of sink, meaning the chants either didn’t take off or faded away quickly.

In Europe that doesn’t happen as the capo starts and leads the chanting at the front of the stand, the Ultras directly in front of the Capo continue the chant, and then the chant spreads across the whole stand, meaning everyone is singing the same chant in unison. :-)

I’m not saying we need a Capo at the front of the new North stand home end, be it on level 1 or on Level 2, hopefully, it will be on level 2.

But what we need is a proper and organised singing section, so everyone in the singing section is singing the same chant. That doesn’t mean people outside of the singing section shouldn’t start chanting off. A centralised singing section on Level 2 would be the ideal scenario so the chanting spreads to the front and to the back of the stand at the same time."

Fm6gWNXWQAIMPQJ

Regarding marches to the ground, these videos are shot in Scotland

Going to be controversial here but managers don’t know their stuff when it comes to how crowds work, what experience do they have of being in a crowd watching their team of choice? But whatever, it’s all a pointless carousel this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.