North Stand Construction Discussion

I agree with putting all the noisy fans in North Stand L1 and L2 but it needs to be coordinated, in the USA instead of ultras they call it supporters sections, they have drums, megaphones and flairs and march to the ground, they also have capo stands. It seems here that a section of fans don't want that, no one is forcing them to go to L1 or L2 but they will make it vocal that everyone needs to think as they do, so where the shouting down comes from @jrb does an amazing job on but gets attacked for his views which is not right everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need to shout other people down.

Care to link to where jrb gets "attacked"? You've been "shouted down" before when you keep posting the same thing over and over and over. That's purely because you were boring people and adding nothing whatsoever new.

I agree with putting all the noisy fans in North Stand L1 and L2 but it needs to be coordinated, in the USA instead of ultras they call it supporters sections, they have drums, megaphones and flairs and march to the ground, they also have capo stands. It seems here that a section of fans don't want that, no one is forcing them to go to L1 or L2 but they will make it vocal that everyone needs to think as they do, so where the shouting down comes from @jrb does an amazing job on but gets attacked for his views which is not right everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need to shout other people down.

What a load of crap. americans trying to be ultras, in a sport they know nothing about, and are only slightly interested because it's the biggest sport in the world, and the people with money over there can smell profit.

these are fans:

What a load of crap. americans trying to be ultras, in a sport they know nothing about, and are only slightly interested because it's the biggest sport in the world, and the people with money over there can smell profit.

these are fans:

Spot on mate.

JRB doesn't get shouted down anyway. He's got his views and the majority agree with the fundamentals - that we need a big group of likeminded singers in the 2nd tier grouped together, standing under the roof and we'll have a better atmosphere. He likes the capo/drum combination but the majority of us don't. If we get the former right, we wont need it. We'll sing and shout with the game. When things are tough, we'll get things going. When things are good we'll have our humour and usual chants. It will be class.

A flair will currently get you a lifetime ban and marching to the ground from where? Ancoats? Piccadilly? Mary D's? There just isn't a culture of it in English football, and more importantly the ground is in a terrible place to do it.

I think the best thing City could do would be to improve the area where the bus arrives when they eventually add the wrap around and lick of paint. The atmosphere when the bus welcome has been done has been decent, and seems to flow into the ground (admittedly in games where we didn't need to worry about atmosphere).

Nothing worse than watching fans being co-ordinated by some dopey twat with a mega phone with his back to the game.

Drums is nothing new, that pissed up antiquarian bookselling tuneless bugling tramp and his buddies at Pompey with them drums doing it way before the Helmet Cheese Dale Ultra's of Palace.

The American soccer fans march onto the ground etc for 2 reasons why UK fans can't / don't.
They meet up outside the ground 2 hours (or more) prior to the game for a pre game "tailgate party" This involves setting up BBQ's and drinking your own beer in the stadiums own car park - can you imagine clubs and the police approving of that?

Secondly the MLS season is March to November where the weather allows this to take place each week. Fans won't stand around in the passing rain in England and then march onto the stadium.

The American soccer fans march onto the ground etc for 2 reasons why UK fans can't / don't.
They meet up outside the ground 2 hours (or more) prior to the game for a pre game "tailgate party" This involves setting up BBQ's and drinking your own beer in the stadiums own car park - can you imagine clubs and the police approving of that?

Secondly the MLS season is March to November where the weather allows this to take place each week. Fans won't stand around in the passing rain in England and then march onto the stadium.
Like you Screamer, I have been to a few tailgating events here and quite frankly it doesn't do anything for me, other than cheaper beer and some decent food.
Give me a pre-match beer (or 10) in The Beehive, then straight to the City Chippy for a pre-match Meat & Potatoe Pie/Pudding (I alternated this on a match-to-match basis, to keep it fresh and interesting!) chips peas and gravy, any day of the week!! Pissing down or not, I loved it and miss it to this day!!

Spot on mate.

JRB doesn't get shouted down anyway. He's got his views and the majority agree with the fundamentals - that we need a big group of likeminded singers in the 2nd tier grouped together, standing under the roof and we'll have a better atmosphere. He likes the capo/drum combination but the majority of us don't. If we get the former right, we wont need it. We'll sing and shout with the game. When things are tough, we'll get things going. When things are good we'll have our humour and usual chants. It will be class.

As a rule I don’t get shouted down. But I have been at times. :-(

Both the English and European ways of supporting teams have their pluses and minuses. Neither way of supporting teams is perfect. Both ways are learnt by upbringing and tradition on the terraces, passed down by generations of fellow fans, family and friends.

At times against Burnley in SSL1 I noticed 3 or 4 different groups of lads trying to start the same chant or different chants off at the same time. (I found it really annoying and frustrating) They either drowned each other out or they were totally out of sink, meaning the chants either didn’t take off or faded away quickly.

In Europe that doesn’t happen as the capo starts and leads the chanting at the front of the stand, the Ultras directly in-front of the Capo continue the chant, and then the chant spreads across the whole stand, meaning everyone is singing the same chant in unison. :-)

I’m not saying we need a Capo at the front of the new North stand home end, be it on level 1 or on Level 2, hopefully it will be on level 2.

But what we need is a proper and organised singing section, so every one in the singing section is singing the same chant. That doesn’t mean people outside of the singing section shouldn’t start chants off. A centralised singing section on Level 2 would be the ideal scenario so the chanting spreads to the front and to the back of the stand at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.