North Stand Construction Discussion

My brother and his kids have seasoncards in 93:20 and they’ve had no end of tourists and away fans near them Tbf, only half a dozen regulars on their row
The Everton league cup semi was especially bad, Celtic, Madrid etc
And people saying its too many people to relocate, the club didn’t give a shit when they displaced thousands from ES L2 for Joe’s and 93:20
The north stand expansion is another opportunity to gentrify the side stands
Yeah, when I've sat there on a pals ST it has been very touristy. Also got given tickets in 93:20 via a corporate sponsor that had them going spare

I could very well see the whole of the smaller second tier becoming hospitality ala Wembley. We can't be that far off it already. Looks to me like the glass at the top of the north stand would be more for conferencing and events attached to the hotel rather than match day hospitality.
The top of the stand will definitely be corporate as it will be linked to match days for those staying in the hotel the question is will they the keep or construct a new corporate area where the current one at the back of level 2 is !

My brother and his kids have seasoncards in 93:20 and they’ve had no end of tourists and away fans near them Tbf, only half a dozen regulars on their row
The Everton league cup semi was especially bad, Celtic, Madrid etc
And people saying its too many people to relocate, the club didn’t give a shit when they displaced thousands from ES L2 for Joe’s and 93:20
The north stand expansion is another opportunity to gentrify the side stands

I sit in 93:20… a whole row of dippers in front of me on Saturday. Kept quiet and left on 75 mins.

The top of the stand will definitely be corporate as it will be linked to match days for those staying in the hotel the question is will they the keep or construct a new corporate area where the current one at the back of level 2 is !
Don’t see any need to, plenty of other places they can use.

If, and that’s a big if, the club put corporate on NSL2, they can f*cking forget it.

Imagine trying to put corporate on the Stretford End, the KOP, the Holt End or any other PL home end.

I don’t think it will be. Makes no sense if they want a home end. That also goes against what’s been mentioned on here and elsewhere.

A lot of people are guessing based on the images of the glass windows in the expanded second tier. I’d imagine if there is a corporate offer it will be behind the stand / looking through the glass

Corporate seating in a home end would make the whole idea of an atmospheric end pointless.

We’re relying on mainly locals and our hardcore match goers to fill our end at Wembley - we need to be attracting/ keeping these fans for the expansion not pricing them out.

Last edited:
Yeah, when I've sat there on a pals ST it has been very touristy. Also got given tickets in 93:20 via a corporate sponsor that had them going spare
Most of the people I know in 93:20 (East Stand) are lifelong Blues. I think most of the ground has what you call tourists for Cup games.

I had to laugh at the suggestion of replacing season card holders because some other people take up their seats for champs league games and the club probably makes a significant profit.

The issue we’ve got with the North Stand expansion in recent days is several posters want to see the end of the Family Stand in North Stand Level 1. Maybe there is a case for that but it’s yet to be evidenced on this thread. For shifting around many thousands of people (across both tiers) I would expect an outline of a business case at the very least. This would need to include thousands of names of season card holders indicating they plan to more to the expanded North Stand. Even better, there would be names of thousands of fans who aren’t currently season card holders who are keen to improve the atmosphere in a new North Stand.

I’m keen on an expanded North Stand but I think a lot more preparation is needed if it’s going to make a lasting improvement to the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.