North Stand Construction Discussion

I don’t think it will be. Makes no sense if they want a home end. That also goes against what’s been mentioned on here and elsewhere.

A lot of people are guessing based on the images of the glass windows in the expanded second tier. I’d imagine if there is a corporate offer it will be behind the stand / looking through the glass

Corporate seating in a home end would make the whole idea of an atmospheric end pointless.

We’re relying on mainly locals and our hardcore match goers to fill our end at Wembley - we need to be attracting/ keeping these fans for the expansion not pricing them out.

If we want more corporate seating it’s more likely it will be in the South or East stands… I suspect the new North Stand Level 2 will be all safe standing apart from a few disabled areas,

utd have had corporate seats in the stretford end for a number of years.

That’s why it’s shit. :-)

And why United now have a 1500 capacity singing section on the corner in-between the Stretford End and the main stand overlooking the players tunnel. How convenient and well thought out.

Last edited:
If we want more corporate seating it’s more likely it will be in the South or East stands… I suspect the new North Stand Level 2 will be all safe standing apart from a few disabled areas,

I can see corporate fanning out along the remaining blocks of L2.(not the NSL2 expansion, hopefully) One day all of L2 will be padded seats with the club charging for that luxury, amongst other things.

The whole of North Stand should be like the Kop at Anfield and the Yellow Wall in Dortmund, this can be easily achieved by setting up a website that is linked to the club via either a supporters club or an organisation like 1894. For fans wishing to be in the North Stand they simply click on a button to transfer their seat to North Stand. The club should not dictate where the fans should go, if you want to sing and wave flags etc then the North Stand is for you if you don't want to sing etc then the North Stand is not for you.

Regarding the set-up of the stand, the whole stand should be safe standing, with no family section in that stand at all that should be moved to another section of the ground.

The whole of North Stand should be like the Kop at Anfield and the Yellow Wall in Dortmund, this can be easily achieved by setting up a website that is linked to the club via either a supporters club or an organisation like 1894. For fans wishing to be in the North Stand they simply click on a button to transfer their seat to North Stand. The club should not dictate where the fans should go, if you want to sing and wave flags etc then the North Stand is for you if you don't want to sing etc then the North Stand is not for you.

Regarding the set-up of the stand, the whole stand should be safe standing, with no family section in that stand at all that should be moved to another section of the ground.
When the survey closes it would be very informative if 1894 disclosed the outcome in consolidated form.

The suggestions on this thread are many and varied but probably with a handful of common themes.

Many hold the view that this is the best, and probably last, opportunity to undertake beneficial relocations and reconfigurations, which in my view must include the second home end in SS3, relocation of displaced away fans round the corner in addition to the NS.

Over to 1894.

utd have had corporate seats in the stretford end for a number of years.

I’ve had tickets a few times in the Stretford End, for the rugby final, which came with a pass for a proper bar in the stand. Nothing special. But glass pint pots and tables and chairs. Not sure if that counts as low end ‘corporate’? Probably equivalent to 93:20. Although I’ve never been in there so can’t really compare.

When the survey closes it would be very informative if 1894 disclosed the outcome in consolidated form.

The suggestions on this thread are many and varied but probably with a handful of common themes.

Many hold the view that this is the best, and probably last, opportunity to undertake beneficial relocations and reconfigurations, which in my view must include the second home end in SS3, relocation of displaced away fans round the corner in addition to the NS.

Over to 1894.
Why do we need two home ends? No ground i can think of has two home ends that are for atmosphere? Why spread the wealth? We need to go all in on the the new NS and encourage, inscentivise as many as possible to move.

I agree about the whole stand, no family section. You can have the most active and colorful and loud home end in NS2, the early leavers in L1 will still make it look bad. We need the whole thing and everyone who choses to be in NS should know from the get go that NS is for singing.

this is almost what i am telling the club in meetings, if it doesnt happen please dont think it is from lack of effort from 1894.

What you say above is simple, straight forward and will work. My worry is that the club try to satisfy to many different groups of people and end up with a new north stand that "everybody gets but nobody wants". I think the biggest problems will be corporate and family end moving.

Cant wait to wave a 4m telescopic and hear "move that flag i cant see and it wasnt here last season". Mind you we can guarantee most home games somebody fkn says that in 115 !

There's no way the away fans will move too as that creates another relocation headache for the fans it displaces. I suspect having them opposite the "atmosphere" end probably helps the police and security too as there are often incidents at the segregation. It is of course nonsense to suggest that City will move them just so they can't be heard.

dave will they listen ? The major stumbling block is police & security no matter how much people say well its just as easy in opposite corner.

Im going to make a big banner saying away fans are not moving... Somebody will shout "move that flag i cant see"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.