North Stand Construction Discussion

Why do we need two home ends? No ground i can think of has two home ends that are for atmosphere? Why spread the wealth? We need to go all in on the the new NS and encourage, inscentivise as many as possible to move.

Plenty of clubs have two singing/ standing ends at opposite ends of the ground. Arsenal, leeds, Chelsea to name a few

Why wouldn’t we keep the south stand as it is and have a proper home end as well

Plenty of clubs have two singing/ standing ends at opposite ends of the ground. Arsenal, leeds, Chelsea to name a few

Why wouldn’t we keep the south stand as it is and have a proper home end as well

Maybe because, despite what the consensus in this thread seems to be, all the actual evidence points towards the majority of fans wanting a seat where they can sit back and watch the match in relative comfort. Most people don’t want to stand. Most people don’t want to be part of a ‘singing section.’

I doubt anybody has a problem with those areas existing for those who do want that. I just suspect some on here are overestimating the numbers who actually want to be part of it.

The North and South Stands need to be similarly priced - both value for money - with a simple choice - if you want to sing and go crazy - select the North Stand - if you want to sit and watch the game and join in the occasional song (or if your kids are quite young) - sit in the South. We don't want Tom, Dick and Harry going to the North stand - just because its cheap - we want people who buy into the ethos standing in there making a racket.

Mainly the fact we currently have 3 signing areas and its a total shit show for the atmosphere. Whole point of having a 'home' end is to get those groups together. If we don't and people just stay in he same places then we end up with 4 singing areas and it will be even worse.

Chelsea is stretching it a bit. And Arsenal have just done that with their Ultras at the other end of the ground.

I think only Leeds and maybe Newcastle have 2 proper singing ends at each end of their grounds in the PL. We’ll be the 3rd in 3 years time, hopefully.

115 - SSL1 and SSL1 in general should remain a singing section after NSL2 has been completed.

I would sooner see all singers in one end, we are spreading out our singers to much if we look a two singing ends, lets do one end properly not dilute the singers we have.

At main road we could kind of manage two ends, but now it is a totally different football fan.

At the moment we try to get lower SS / kippax corner / SS3 singing together and it doesnt work, each of the three singing areas has only 300 - 700 singers in it. So it is better with one big end with 2,000 fans plus in it. There are singers in the family stand ( they started a poznan in there Vs liverpool ) we have singers dotted around in other level 3's.

But lets get in one end in new north stand. Spread the singers across the back and middle of the new tier two and say two blocks behind the goals in new tier one.

I understand the importance of being at the back of tier two under the roof, but personally and i know a lot of other fans feel this way,i want to be nearer to the pitch not up with the gods. For me i want atmosphere and displays, it will be easier to control displays if we have a presence in both the new teirs.

I would sooner see all singers in one end, we are spreading out our singers to much if we look a two singing ends, lets do one end properly not dilute the singers we have.

At main road we could kind of manage two ends, but now it is a totally different football fan.

At the moment we try to get lower SS / kippax corner / SS3 singing together and it doesnt work, each of the three singing areas has only 300 - 700 singers in it. So it is better with one big end with 2,000 fans plus in it. There are singers in the family stand ( they started a poznan in there Vs liverpool ) we have singers dotted around in other level 3's.

But lets get in one end in new north stand. Spread the singers across the back and middle of the new tier two and say two blocks behind the goals in new tier one.

I understand the importance of being at the back of tier two under the roof, but personally and i know a lot of other fans feel this way,i want to be nearer to the pitch not up with the gods. For me i want atmosphere and displays, it will be easier to control displays if we have a presence in both the new teirs.
Spot on Trevor Riley, how many of 1894 are on here Manchester33 and JRB and yourself is there anymore

Displays would be better in the new tier. It’ll be the only larger tier in the stadium meaning bigger flags and banners etc are possible without having to be spread over 2 tiers.

If the fans get spread over two tiers instead, then it will just create the same disconnect we have now where people in the upper tier are out of sync or can’t hear those in the lower section and vice versa.

100%

Maine Rd had the NS AND the Kippax.

They sparked orf each other and generated a hell of an atmosphere.

We can have two atmosphere ends which is better than one.

Not everyone will want to relocate to the NS.

They should be grouped together in SS3 to create their end and be considered equally by 1894 which should be for all fans not just NS fans.

‘ You’ll never take the South Stand ‘ !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.