North Stand Construction Discussion

That’s a matter of opinion. I don’t think naming the 3 other stands, if that ever happens, devalues the Colin Bell stand, or Colin Bell himself. I wouldn’t think anything less of Colin Bell, if for example, the expanded North stand was called a different name or called the Sergio Agüero stand. Unfortunately I never had the privilege of seeing Colin Bell play or the other great City players in that wonderful and famous City team.

Each to their own as you say but not for me it's not even a new stand just an extention, perhaps compromise and call it something like the North Wall which is more in line with what we hope the atmosphere it generates!

Each to their own as you say but not for me it's not even a new stand just an extention, perhaps compromise and call it something like the North Wall which is more in line with what we hope the atmosphere it generates!

It is an extension. But, for the first time since we moved to the City of Manchester stadium, and now the Etihad, we will have a proper home and vocal end. Not sharing an end with the away fans over 3 levels. No having to vacate level 3 for domestic cup games. I can only speak for myself, but I'd like our home end to be something about us, the club, the fans, our support, where we live, our history, etc. There's nothing wrong with the current name, the North stand, as stand names go, but I'd like something more fitting for our new home end. A stand name we can all relate to, be proud of, belong to, and which brings back happy memories, which there are plenty of, and to come.

We could call it the Yellow Wall, or has that been trademarked?

It is an extension. But, for the first time since we moved to the City of Manchester stadium, and now the Etihad, we will have a proper home and vocal end. Not sharing an end with the away fans over 3 levels. No having to vacate level 3 for domestic cup games. I can only speak for myself, but I'd like our home end to be something about us, the club, the fans, our support, where we live, our history, etc. There's nothing wrong with the current name, the North stand, as stand names go, but I'd like something more fitting for our new home end. A stand name we can all relate to, be proud of, belong to, and which brings back happy memories, which there are plenty of, and to come.
It's The Centurions...

Bottom is the Little Stand top is the Large Stand. All tourists will have to explain what it means before entry.

EUnEZ3ZXQAAVE9S.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.