North Stand Construction Discussion

It’s just a name though mate? If the ticket prices are great, transport issue sorted, maybe physical banners allowed back and a full lads singing section who actually cares about the name really?

That’s a lot of if‘s mate. ;-)

Give us a Centurion stand chant.

You’ll never take the Centurion hotel, restaurant and bar!

Cenurions over looking the pitch again!

I don’t even accept an official nickname as being a thing. Who decides what an official nickname is? The whole point of a nickname is they it’s an unofficial term of endearment. Or abuse sometimes.

I also bet if you asked a thousand Leeds fans what their nickname is, 999 of them would say “whites” Fucking Peacocks? Literally never heard that apart from the boozer.

And West Brom’s is baggies.

Everyone knows West Brom fans are called Baggies. Boing, Boing!

I’m telling you all now, the Centurion stand will never catch on or be accepted by the majority of City fans who will stand on it. It’s nothing more than marketing guff thought up by the suits at City, that can be rolled out to name the hotel, bar and restaurant over looking the pitch. The Centurion name has no affinity whatsoever with your average City fan now, bar the memory of when the 100 points record was achieved at Southampton. Does that really warrant a stand and a new home end naming after it? No it doesn’t!!
Course it fucking does...get a grip

Of the top of my head.

Old White Hart Lane. The Shelf.(great name)
United. Stretford End.
Liverpool. The KOP.
Old Highbury. The North Bank and Clock End. Which Arsenal have used for both ends of the Emirates stadium.
Everton. The Gwladys Street End.
Leeds. The Kippax.
Newcastle. The Gallowgate end.
Aston Villa. The Holte End.
Etc.

Course it fucking does...get a grip
Does it fuck! Get a grip. Naming a stand and home end after getting 100 points away at Southampton. What, instead of naming it after that goal scored at that end, that won us our first PL title. And is the most famous goal and moment in PL history. Ask any City fan which moment they remember and cherish the most, including you!

Last edited:
I’m telling you all now, the Centurion stand will never catch on or be accepted by the majority of City fans who will stand on it. It’s nothing more than marketing guff thought up by the suits at City, that can be rolled out to name the hotel, bar and restaurant over looking the pitch. The Centurion name has no affinity whatsoever with your average City fan now, bar the memory of when the 100 points record was achieved at Southampton. Does that really warrant a stand and a new home end naming after it? No it doesn’t!!

Bit of a bizarre take and completely overthinking it.

It’s better than your generic Citizens or 1894 suggestions tbh.

Does it fuck! Get a grip. Naming a stand and home end after getting 100 points away at Southampton. What, instead of naming it after that goal scored at that end, that won us our first PL title. And is the most famous goal and moment in PL history.
We won the league in injury time...Great for us but 100 points might never be beaten, if so we were the first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.