North Stand Construction Discussion

Looks really impressive.

If they can modernise public transport to and from the area we'll be on to a big winner there.
The bee network should give the club a bit more control of things. I'd be surprised if that hasn't been written into long term plans with the arena. Most important thing I think is putting busses going in all directions rather than forcing everyone into Piccadilly.

Viewed a bigger version on my laptop.

- They're keeping the original corner construction and therefore we won't be stuck with dodgy looking 'temporary' corners as with the South Stand.
- Everyone is stood up in the new 2nd tier.
- The existing level 2 corners are also standing.
- The very end blocks of the new upper section are slightly raised and there's a small gap underneath - possibly where the cable net will feed through the stand.
- The sky bar has 3 small video screens facing it.
- I'm not sure where the majority of the cable net feeds through the stand. With the South Stand it feeds through between the top of the stand and the roof. Perhaps we're building this extension at an angle where it goes over the top?
- It looks like the extension is attached to the current 2nd tier and that it isn't a new 2nd tier entirely i.e. the old one ripped out with a completely new 2nd tier in place.

Can you work out who we’re beating 2 - 0 on the scoreboard?

I think I might have missed a step somewhere along the way. Not difficult with me!!
Do we now own the stadium or are we still renting but adding to the value for the council?
Puzzled (or Puddled) of Eccles.
We've got it on loan, with an option to buy at the end of the season.

I think I might have missed a step somewhere along the way. Not difficult with me!!
Do we now own the stadium or are we still renting but adding to the value for the council?
Puzzled (or Puddled) of Eccles.
The council still own it.They used to get 50% of all ticket sales above the Maine Road capacity but ADUG agreed a flat yearly fee with them before the South stand expansion (a few million quid a year, I believe). ADUG did look at buying it outright at one point but when they found out that the money wouldn't go to the council but to Sport England in London they decided to keep paying rent instead which benefits the local area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.