North Stand Construction Discussion

No it's corporate

Not doubting you bluesmith. I can see it for myself. I’m hoping the diagrams of the stand are slightly misleading and it’s at the back of SSL1, similar to the East stand, with the corporate section on L1, opposite the halfway line. But you’re probably right.

No it's corporate
So we’ve got an amazing sky bar, corporate seating at the front and back and a hotel, most of which is unavailable to ordinary fans. Call me naive but you think the main reason they are expanding is to increase corporate?

I understand there would be corporate areas, but it is disappointing to see so much of a home end dedicated to corporates

I wouldn't panic too much about the corporate. Ultimately the planning permission is for the general expansion of other facilities. What they do within the stand is up to them, as long as they work to the parameters of the planning permission and health and safety. They could easily switch hospitality elsewhere if challenged and get the bottom of the 2nd tier a general admission seats/safe standing.

It's a shame they've done it. Particularly when they've got the sky bar/hospitality section which would be enough on its own to cover creating a home end in terms of revenue, along with the hotel/city square improvements and sky walk.

I don't see it as a huge negative though. Hopefully they're the lower level of corporate, we get plenty of tourists for the big games anyway and we'll still have several thousand general admission blues under a roof, with Improved acoustics to keep the sound in from the glazed side panels to make a racket. It's a huge 2nd tier rather than a third tier so it's less of an issue.

Get ready for some funky pricing structures in there as well, this season has been a test event, The next two years will show us where it’s likely to go

They can funk away. I’m not standing or will it be sitting behind hospitality on NSL2? If it’s confirmed I’m staying in SSL1 near the away fans. Absolute game changer this for me.

456 capacity at the sky bar.
10 suites just below that with their seating right at the top of the stand.
Then a 600 capacity "Joe's" style hospitality area that is at the bottom of the 2nd tier by the look of it.

As someone who was in the meetings with City and 1894, I'm obviously really disappointed about the hospitality section. We were told in no uncertain terms that it was an atmospheric end with no hospitality whatsoever. They had plans to add more corporate seats elsewhere in the stadium (which would justify the expansion).

This is our last chance to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad and they are going to fuck it up.
Just to add to this. We (1894) have emailed our contacts at the club asking for an urgent meeting to discuss the plans.

The proposed hospitality sections would instantly end any plans of an atmospheric home end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.