North Stand Construction Discussion

Just to add to this. We (1894) have emailed our contacts at the club asking for an urgent meeting to discuss the plans.

The proposed hospitality sections would instantly end any plans of an atmospheric home end.

Just a side observation. It is a colour, on a diagram, in a design document. Could be from an earlier process, could be current, could mean exactly what it is or not that much. The seats themselves and the area as a whole doesn't appear to be shown any any different so it comes down to an admission choice more than design as such. Which may not always be a set thing. It isn't distinguished on the formal drawings as far as I can see.

Not really making a specific point nor should it affect your discussion. Just pointing out it doesn't appear to be an obvious set designated hospitality area. Nothing stopping it being used as such, but nothing stopping any other area either.

This corporate bit makes no sense. I get the sky bar and the stuff at the back but why not take existing areas of the second tier in the rest of the ground - if the club wants even more hospitality offerings. Make the whole of the second tier of the South Stand Corporate - if they must. But shoehorning a load of hospitality into the front of this so called ‘home end’ makes no sense at all.

Just a side observation. It is a colour, on a diagram, in a design document. Could be from an earlier process, could be current, could mean exactly what it is or not that much. The seats themselves and the area as a whole doesn't appear to be shown any any different so it comes down to an admission choice more than design as such. Which may not always be a set thing. It isn't distinguished on the formal drawings as far as I can see.

Not really making a specific point nor should it affect your discussion. Just pointing out it doesn't appear to be an obvious set designated hospitality area. Nothing stopping it being used as such, but nothing stopping any other area either.

Only other thought I had was, I think it was @Gone for a Burton said something about gold seats related to the Centurions name… could this be related to that?

Just to add to this. We (1894) have emailed our contacts at the club asking for an urgent meeting to discuss the plans.

The proposed hospitality sections would instantly end any plans of an atmospheric home end.
I'm going to refrain from posting any more on this subject until we've met with the club.

Our contacts at City are on-side.

We'll try and meet the decision-makers and go from there.

The render doesn’t suggest hospitality seating at the front of NSL2. Flags over the LED screens/advertising boards as well. But it’s only a render.

BB3ECA84-545F-4301-B169-D82B6EC900FC.jpeg

Only other thought I had was, I think it was @Gone for a Burton said something about gold seats related to the Centurions name… could this be related to that?

Perhaps, or could be a coincidence of colour choice, and the note pointing to it does say 'hospitality/GA'. Which again isn't really in any way really definitive.

If the seats were a different size or spacing, I'd think it was more set and planned. As it is, they could have highlighted half or twice that extent, or any other area of the stand, and it wouldn't have made any difference to the actual approval.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.