North Stand Construction Discussion

The club, directors, and people at City involved with the North stand expansion have been reading this thread form day one. They all know what the fans wanted. They’ve ignored us. Regardless if Kevin Parker, all the OSC’s (which won’t happen as they’re too affiliated to the club), and the fans groups came together and raised the hospitality issue, the club still wouldn’t change the plans. The club will go ahead with what they’ve proposed including the hospitality section at the front of NSL2.

TBH I’m not arsed now as I’m not moving from SSL1. I think that will go for a lot of fans in the singing sections once the information starts filtering out about what the North stand expansion is really like.
The easy way of saying what they have done, it's like getting the Yellow Wall at Dortmund and sticking The Tunnel Club in the middle of it. The new North Stand is getting slated on SSC

3 hospitality areas in the new North stand. Wow!

Already been posted, but enlarged.

New North stand total, 10,742.
VIP Skybar, 456.(purple)
Hospitality suites, 120.(brown under purple)
GA - General Admission?
GA+ (Hospitality LO1), 648.(yellow)
GA, 9,518.

1116-AE7-A-BC1-D-404-B-81-F9-A430-F7-D0872-F.png
Them prawn sandwich eaters at the front wont be coming out if its raining. It will look terrible on TV. The Emptyhad myth will continue. Empty seats at home!

Last edited:
If it is I don't think it would be worth having a designated singing section there.

I think the issue with having it high up in the second tier for singing section would be getting the right people to move there. I'm in 115 now and just from the people around me and also my mates in SS lower the general impression I get is that they won't move into the gods.

I think the vast majority would just stay in 115 instead. Personally speaking I only want to be at the back of lower tier but I would consider the very front 10 rows of North stand 2 for flags/banners/displays but I won't go beyond that.

It could be a non starter mind you as if they don't put standing in all the end nobody will move if that is the case.
It often seems to me that people in the existing singing areas aren’t aware of the limitations of their current location. Because they are too near the front without the acoustics of a roof you can’t hear them very clearly from many areas.

The worst area for singers in the whole stadium is the lower tier. That’s why every cup game we get outsung at home but then you come on here and the south stand seem oblivious.

1894 or another group NEED to put out a statement against this.Voice our frustrations and how we feel ignored despite a 'consultation.' Spread the awareness so the pressure will grow and the club will change their plans.
1894 aren’t strong enough or influential enough to do this alone. This needs an entire new group of fans including some who are media savvy.. It can be done but it needs to be some sort of “City Atmosphere Group” which pulls together representatives from all the different areas of our support.

The club, directors, and people at City involved with the North stand expansion have been reading this thread form day one. They all know what the fans wanted. They’ve ignored us. Regardless if Kevin Parker, all the OSC’s (which won’t happen as they’re too affiliated to the club), and the fans groups came together and raised the hospitality issue, the club still wouldn’t change the plans. The club will go ahead with what they’ve proposed including the hospitality section at the front of NSL2.

TBH I’m not arsed now as I’m not moving from SSL1. I think that will go for a lot of fans in the singing sections once the information starts filtering out about what the North stand expansion is really like.
All the mouth you’ve given about this issue and now you’re “not arsed and not moving”. For fuck’s sake.

I like the homage to Maine Road from the outside on the CGI images, a mismatch of architecture that completely ruins how it previously looked.

There has been better visuals at a music festival that the one that will greet you everytime you walk up Joe Mercer Way.

Think about it, no corporate and cheap seats means players who will play for low wages and then end up like Leeds United. Those wishing they were still at Maine Road ADUG would have looked at City once never mind twice.

The proposal has gone down well on SSC-MCR. ;-) As an ex-poster I can safely say most of them have a good take on architecture and property development as a rule.

I have made the point of the appearance of the new Arena, for me it's a bland, disappointing box yet you defended that.

This North stand extension could have looked better without a doubt but what would the cost be ?

At the end of the day this is a business that has to make profit for the stakeholders.

I agree mixing corporate with a so called singing section is crazy but again this is a huge investment that has to get a return and sadly that has to include corporate.

Hopefully the club will make the price of the singing section affordable to the normal fan but again that lower cost will have to be subsidised by corporate.

Last edited:
Where are the best pictures of the proposal
Now it’s been submitted and fly through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.