North Stand Construction Discussion

I have made the point of the appearance of the new Arena, for me it's a bland, disappointing box yet you defended that.

This North stand extension could have looked better without a doubt but what would the cost be ?

At the end of the day this is a business that has to make profit for the stakeholders.

I agree mixing corporate with a so called singing section is crazy but again this is a huge investment that has to get a return and sadly that has to include corporate.
Fkg hell it's cost £300m it's hardly peanuts !

Fkg hell it's cost £300m it's hardly peanuts !
That's the point I am making, it's an incredible statement by the owner and people still moan, FFS.

But if you want incredible architecture etc it's going to cost double, triple the 300m.

MCFC is a business and has to make returns, we will have a magnificent stadium with incredible facilities the envy of one and all but for some it's still not enough!

City have misjudged and mislead us.

They need to recognise and rectify matters quickly and with good grace. There doesn’t need to be a war over this.

Three actions -:
1) Remove the ‘corporate’ seats in NSL2.
2) Convert the posh bar area into a fans bar like SS.
3) If necessary find somewhere else for 600 corporates.

As you were.

City have misjudged and mislead us.

They need to recognise and rectify matters quickly and with good grace. There doesn’t need to be a war over this.

Three actions -:
1) Remove the ‘corporate’ seats in NSL2.
2) Convert the posh bar area into a fans bar like SS.
3) If necessary find somewhere else for 600 corporates.

As you were.

That's it. It's a simple thing to address but something that has to happen. Considering they have designed it to be capable of taking three monster tifos from the roof and with better noise retention, it is silly to ruin that by having a corporate area right at the front.

As @Didsbury Dave said, there has a to be a group leading this and responding on that basis. Whether it's 1894 via a survey on here that gets signatures opposing it or a new group.

It would be worthwhile doing a generic objection to the planning application on that basis. Can write one in two seconds and then everyone just changes their name on it. If thousands of those go in then City will probably want to act for PR reasons.

Sorry but the New Stand wont help with atmosphere if there is hospitality in there ! i sit in level 3 South Stand nr away fans and tbh the atmosphere has been good this season, i don't think I'll be moving to the new stand anytime soon...

That's it. It's a simple thing to address but something that has to happen. Considering they have designed it to be capable of taking three monster tifos from the roof and with better noise retention, it is silly to ruin that by having a corporate area right at the front.

As @Didsbury Dave said, there has a to be a group leading this and responding on that basis. Whether it's 1894 via a survey on here that gets signatures opposing it or a new group.

It would be worthwhile doing a generic objection to the planning application on that basis. Can write one in two seconds and then everyone just changes their name on it. If thousands of those go in then City will probably want to act for PR reasons.

Those objections regardless of number, based on 600 seats having access to bar facilities, would be completely meaningless and a waste of everyone's time. The groups having discussions with the club would be far more productive.

Playing devils advocate here. As a 50yr old who still loves being in an atmospheric part of the ground whilst also enjoying a pint in a glass and some comfort before after and at half time.. this kind of area may work !

I’m in the Empire at the moment ..
Edited ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.