North Stand Construction Discussion

That's the point I am making, it's an incredible statement by the owner and people still moan, FFS.

But if you want incredible architecture etc it's going to cost double, triple the 300m.

MCFC is a business and has to make returns, we will have a magnificent stadium with incredible facilities the envy of one and all but for some it's still not enough!

That, along with your earlier point on this isn't even remotely true. Apart from the bit about it being a statement by the owner mind.

But in the grand scheme of things, probably the least significant thing to complain about.

That, along with your earlier point on this isn't even remotely true. Apart from the bit about it being a statement by the owner mind.

But in the grand scheme of things, probably the least significant thing to complain about.
I am not complaining about anything, this extension is stunning and an incredible commitment by the club.

I am complaining about the responses from some to it, FFS moaning about using brick etc.

I am not complaining about anything, this extension is stunning and an incredible commitment by the club.

I am complaining about the responses from some to it, FFS moaning about using brick etc.

I didn't mean to say you were, I was talking about the broader comment. Which both of us partly agreed with at different times.

Just for clarity, I am talking about the comments on the look of the hotel and bitss outside the stand, not the 'complaints' about the hospitality section in the middle, which is a whole other discussion.

That's the point I am making, it's an incredible statement by the owner and people still moan, FFS.

But if you want incredible architecture etc it's going to cost double, triple the 300m.

MCFC is a business and has to make returns, we will have a magnificent stadium with incredible facilities the envy of one and all but for some it's still not enough!

thats the crux for me mate, the club have to make it affordable for a wide range of budgets regarding the hotel which in essence wont make anything look like it does in Abu Dhabi architectural wise? Imo as well, the North stand would never be full of full on singers anyway so maybe the singers guys can go in the 2nd tier of it and that makes the singing section higher up, keeping the sound in the new roof etc? Everyone i have spoken to who support other clubs are jealous of fuck of our owner and what they are about to build and unfortunately they cant spend whatever anyone on here wants and cant keep everyone happy?

thats the crux for me mate, the club have to make it affordable for a wide range of budgets regarding the hotel which in essence wont make anything look like it does in Abu Dhabi architectural wise? Imo as well, the North stand would never be full of full on singers anyway so maybe the singers guys can go in the 2nd tier of it and that makes the singing section higher up, keeping the sound in the new roof etc? Everyone i have spoken to who support other clubs are jealous of fuck of our owner and what they are about to build and unfortunately they cant spend whatever anyone on here wants and cant keep everyone happy?
We are a business investment, bills have to be paid and profits made.

I despise corporate but the sad reality is it's a necessity.

This is an incredible addition to an already great stadium, yes I wish it would be more "iconic" but F me as a fan base we are becoming what we used to hate in the rags.

We as a fanbase have had our wildest dreams and fantasies made real, yet for some it's still not enough.

We are a business investment, bills have to be paid and profits made.

I despise corporate but the sad reality is it's a necessity.

This is an incredible addition to an already great stadium, yes I wish it would be more "iconic" but F me as a fan base we are becoming what we used to hate in the rags.

i think as well people are getting mixed up with corporate and hospitality? Who`s not to say a load of singers book that hospitality for the day and sing their hearts out before and during the game but have that bar for the day?

i think as well people are getting mixed up with corporate and hospitality? Who`s not to say a load of singers book that hospitality for the day and sing their hearts out before and during the game but have that bar for the day?
100% mate, big difference in corporate not all Singers want a bovril and chicken balti pie, some want something more.

And I have seen a lot of "normal" fans leave their seats early at half time to go for a pint and watch the game in the concorses, again for me weird but we are all different.

You make some good points… the hospitality at the front of level 2 is the only issue for me. Everything else looks great but then again I’m judging against the standards of the Platt Lane development

100% mate, big difference in corporate not all Singers want a bovril and chicken balti pie, some want something more.

And I have seen a lot of "normal" fans leave their seats early at half time to go for a pint and watch the game in the concorses, again for me weird but we are all different.

wasnt there a video going around recently of a load of youngsters still singing on having their pints on a concourse at the etihad after the second half had kicked off? I think some of got so fixated on what they think will work that anything outside of that isnt good enough?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.