North Stand Construction Discussion

£1450 to me is corporate pricing. I couldn’t afford that and lots of people in ss3, ss1 and elsewhere in the ground can’t afford that either.

That’s not ordinary seat pricing and your average city fan isn’t paying that. If it’s like that in the front of what’s supposed to be a home end we may as well have had three tiers.
I never said it’s ‘ordinary’ pricing. It’s premium seating, the club refer to it as GA plus (General Admission). The fans in Joes aren’t ‘corporate’ types is my point. They’re fans like you and me. I have no choice really due to my illness, I’d rather be back in 212 where I was for years, but not really suitable now as I’m in a wheelchair and need to have somewhere to park. Joes provides me with the safety, security and parking.

Not sure it's worth moving from South Stand Level 1 into a part corporate come hospitality stand ! When I first saw all the grandiose behind the stand features it just didn't stack up as home singing end !
I think the general idea was to try to get people to move over and start fresh as I know the sound doesn't really travel from SS lower. I must admit my mentality has been more and more well at least south stand is good and essentially given up on atmosphere elsewhere.

Personally I believe the club should have just paid the extra money and made it into one singular stand if they really wanted it to work for atmosphere. Given they didn't I always thought they just wouldn't be able to help themselves and put some corporate in. There are club staff who want to do their upmost for atmosphere but I am afraid they are outranked by the chief wigs who are all about money.

Any move into this split regardless of exactly how it ends up with the plans is going to result in a split of the core group of singers from South stand if some do move over and I believe it will be a case of the grass ain't always greener.

The proposal has gone down well on SSC-MCR. ;-) As an ex-poster I can safely say most of them have a good take on architecture and property development as a rule.

Skyscrapercity Manchester is one of my favourite forums. Not that many people post but I know it's full of rubber-neckers with an interest in architecture and property development. You don't need to read the MEN and Place North West when you can get your project updates on this forum.

Although they are right, they need to sort out the glazing on these blocks. What were they thinking? It looks like a 1960s office block.

1894 or another group NEED to put out a statement against this.Voice our frustrations and how we feel ignored despite a 'consultation.' Spread the awareness so the pressure will grow and the club will change their plans.
Well said there are a lot of people on here that say they know Danny Wilson etc, use your influence their loads of city youtube channels get on that then Sky Sports etc pick up, Manchester Evening News. As I said early create an objection on the planning portal all you need to do is create a account, put there is a time limit on putting in objections

It might even get refused by the planners?

Correct, but I doubt that will happen.

There certainly are issues with parts of the proposal externally. And I do expect objections to parts of the proposal to be submitted.

As the proposal doesn’t impact on the wider area and local community because it’s confined to the Etihad Campus, approval by MCC should be straight forward.

Obviously this shouldn’t effect any planning decision, but ADUG/City have a very good relationship with MCC. Manchester Life being a prime example, as well as the Coop-Live Arena, the CFA, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.