North Stand Construction Discussion

To be honest I have not read many the posts on here but as someone who remembers paddling through puddles of shit at the back of the kippax just to have a piss I think the new plans look absolutly amazing & I still cant quite believe its my beloved club were talking about :-)
If the club were building extensions like this they may have a point
0_JS261448149.jpg

City have misjudged and mislead us.

They need to recognise and rectify matters quickly and with good grace. There doesn’t need to be a war over this.

Three actions -:
1) Remove the ‘corporate’ seats in NSL2.
2) Convert the posh bar area into a fans bar like SS.
3) If necessary find somewhere else for 600 corporates.

As you were.
They aren't corporate, they are premium , but ordinary seats.

i`m gonna get shot for this by a few on here but i think it offers a unique aspect of hospitality for me as you should be in the loudest most mental sounding end in the ground and that in itself would be an experience for some?
There is a paradox here though, the club wants the hospitality customers to feel 'the thrill of the loudest mental home end' but by placing them in the very best seats of NS, which is the front rows of NS2, they clearly alienate the 'mental' singing fans who are supposed to do the noise, as seen in this thread. The club would be very wrong to sacrifice the ideals of the actual, current, match going singers who have asked for years to have a proper home end, to satisfy the needs of 600 hospitality customers who may or may not be singers. At this point I get the impression the club overestimates: 1. how many of the current singers are still willing to move to NS2 from SS1, SS3 and 109-111 after they see the plans and understand that they are not given a proper home end, but one mixed with hospitality at the forefront; 2. failing to attract those singers, how many of the current non-singers in other parts of the stadium will be willing to move there and start singing (tall order), and how many new (and old) fans, currently not going to the Etihad games, can they attract with good pricing in the new NS2 and convince them to be 'mental 'singers (even taller order).
I think everyone who has been lobby-ing for years for this to happen, knowing it really is the last chance to build a loud home end, are entitled to feel let down if that hospitality stays there. Just move it to the freaking corners, the hospitality customers will still be near the 'loud mental' singers and can still join the choir if they want. And the club would be truly naive to think they can start a home end from scratch and replace the alienated existing singers with 'new' singers. New singers is a rare resource, you need to cater to what you already have and build from there.

There is a paradox here though, the club wants the hospitality customers to feel 'the thrill of the loudest mental home end' but by placing them in the very best seats of NS, which is the front rows of NS2, they clearly alienate the 'mental' singing fans who are supposed to do the noise, as seen in this thread. The club would be very wrong to sacrifice the ideals of the actual, current, match going singers who have asked for years to have a proper home end, to satisfy the needs of 600 hospitality customers who may or may not be singers. At this point I get the impression the club overestimates: 1. how many of the current singers are still willing to move to NS2 from SS1, SS3 and 109-111 after they see the plans and understand that they are not given a proper home end, but one mixed with hospitality at the forefront; 2. failing to attract those singers, how many of the current non-singers in other parts of the stadium will be willing to move there and start singing (tall order), and how many new (and old) fans, currently not going to the Etihad games, can they attract with good pricing in the new NS2 and convince them to be 'mental 'singers (even taller order).
I think everyone who has been lobby-ing for years for this to happen, knowing it really is the last chance to build a loud home end, are entitled to feel let down if that hospitality stays there. Just move it to the freaking corners, the hospitality customers will still be near the 'loud mental' singers and can still join the choir if they want. And the club would be truly naive to think they can start a home end from scratch and replace the alienated existing singers with 'new' singers. New singers is a rare resource, you need to cater to what you already have and build from there.
Are hospitality seats not allowed to sing and go crazy when we score?

As other have quite rightly said, there is a huge difference between corporate and hospitality.

Good grief this thread has turned in to parody.

If there were 9000 singers relocating to the new stand there might be a stronger argument. But there won’t be anywhere near that moving.

Anybody thinking City were gonna build a new stand without any corporate or semi corporate seats need their bumps felt. Ffs we’ve been told that was the case by Bluesmith for weeks.

Having a strip of premium seats at the front of the stand won’t make any difference to atmosphere. Half the seats in the new stand will be filled by tourists and newer fans so having a few hundred corporate at the front wont make any difference whatsoever to the atmosphere.

Relax and enjoy the trip to Wembley !

i think as well people are getting mixed up with corporate and hospitality? Who`s not to say a load of singers book that hospitality for the day and sing their hearts out before and during the game but have that bar for the day?
Me

Are hospitality seats not allowed to sing and go crazy when we score?

As other have quite rightly said, there is a huge difference between corporate and hospitality.
Of course they're allowed to sing, and they may even do that, but for now we don't know for sure what will happen: who will move from where, who will take the hospitality seats, who will sing and who won't. We can only speculate from the design sheets, and they show a diffferent focus than what some current singers expected (and were led to believe).

Of course they're allowed to sing, and they may even do that, but for now we don't know for sure what will happen: who will move from where, who will take the hospitality seats, who will sing and who won't. We can only speculate from the design sheets, and they show a diffferent focus than what some current singers expected (and were led to believe).
We don't know what's going to happen , exactly, so for people to overreact and say the proposals should be rejected is exbarasing in the extreme.

Have the club ever let us down?

One of the best stadiums with the best facilities in the world with a capacity of over 60K and with more to come and people are pissed, WOW

People outside are attacking us from all angles, through jealousy and resentment, yet we are attacking ourselves over a 300 Million investment, sometimes I understand the hate.

I think there are plenty of blues (like myself) that would enjoy the benefits of the premium seating but also would like to be part of creating the atmosphere.

I doubt that people who prefer to sit in silence would relocate to the premium seating in the new stand, so you're only likely to get those people who are equally committed to being part of the atmosphere relocating there.

Just because some are willing to pay a bit more for comfort/convenience doesn't mean that they wouldn't be equally as vocal as the rest of the stand.

So current capacity of the North stand is 6000? What will it be once the work is completed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.