North Stand Construction Discussion

That is exactly what Joes is… a Bovril and pie. Some of the posters think it is full on 3 course carvery dinner.

Im a season ticket holder in 93:20 and there’s loads on decent passionate blues in there…. BUT there are also significant numbers of tourists, corporate types on a jolly with no or little interest in the game and a smattering of away fans. For lesser games there are also quite a few empty seats. I’m not sure about a hospitality area like this right at the front of level 2…. if indeed that is the case.

Reactions: jrb
The more I read and see pictures shout this, the more disappointed I get.

Fragmenting NSL2 which we all wanted as a vocal stand with safe standing with hospitality and corporate areas, as well as not having safe standing, is extremely disappointing.

But so is the architecture of the whole proposal.

The hotel looks like an average 1960s office block in Hull.

3EA69BF9-8FB7-4FD2-9A6B-D37FA6FF6D0A.jpeg

City Square looks like Golden Square shopping centre in Warrington and not a space for football fans pre- and post-game.

4525BADE-7574-4C54-A083-D394878B0416.jpeg

The NSL2 tier itself looks too shallow so that by the time you’re at the back, you’ll be miles away from the pitch. It should be much steeper so you feel on top of the pitch.

1563BE39-4242-4A71-883C-DDFF1E5E6394.png

I’m disappointed with this to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the mouth you’ve given about this issue and now you’re “not arsed and not moving”. For fuck’s sake.

All the mouth! Please. What is that supposed to mean??

You mean I’ve taken a keen interest the thread and proposal over 434 pages? You mean I’ve fully supported the proposal? You mean I’ve spent my time taking pictures of the soil testing rigs, etc. You mean I’ve spent my time going through the planning application and posting information and CGI’s on this thread?

That’s right, I won’t be moving to the North stand if the club go ahead with 600 hospitality seats at the front of L2. I’m not standing behind or to the side of 600 hospitality seats at the front of L2.

If the club had been honest and made it clear that 600 hospitality seats were going at the front if NSL2 during the fan consultation, I would have stated there and then that I wouldn’t be moving to the NS. But the club didn’t. They kept that quiet on purpose because they knew it would go down like a bomb. Baring a couple of people making the revenue argument, there hasn’t been a single person or City fan on this thread and that I know who is in favour of putting 600 hospitality seats at the front of L2.

The 600 hospitality seats at the front of L2 aside, we don’t know if L2 will be safe standing or not. It doesn’t look like it will be because the club won’t put safe standing seats around 600 hospitality seats at the front of L2, and in-front of the hospitality seats at the back of the L2. So myself and many others won’t be moving from our safe standing seats in SSL1.

If the club have a rethink, which I doubt, and make L2 safe standing and affordable seating, I will move to NSL2, like I’ve always said I would.

Anyway. Have a nice day and enjoy the match if you’re going?

Last edited:
Im a season ticket holder in 93:20 and there’s loads on decent passionate blues in there…. BUT there are also significant numbers of tourists, corporate types on a jolly with no or little interest in the game and a smattering of away fans. For lesser games there are also quite a few empty seats. I’m not sure about a hospitality area like this right at the front of level 2…. if indeed that is the case.
This has to be an absolute No!!! 1894 and other groups need to get assurances on this, you can not and should have a home end with away fans.

You can't object to having hospitality seats at the front of tier 2 on the planning portal. You could I suppose but it will be laughed at and rightly ignored. Idiotic suggestion.
You can object to whatever you want on the planning system but it needs to be written in planning terminology, which happens all the time, the club and its agents see this then they put in a planning amendment to rectify the issue, moaning on here going to do nothing.

I suspect only those that would like to be part of the atmosphere would relocate to the new premium seating. Those that don't want to be would most likely stay where they are.

I really don't think it will be a problem as long as they are predominantly season ticket holders.

This has to be an absolute No!!! 1894 and other groups need to get assurances on this, you can not and should have a home end with away fans.

I‘m just telling it how it is….and however we dress hospitality up to being different to corporate there are still potential issues. There’s a row in front of me - 6 or 7 seats….I don’t know who’s seats they are or even if there’s season tickets in place but there are different people sat there for most games… and for a few games they are completely empty. It’s pitiful. Some weeks they turn up late, leave early for half time, often don’t return for the second half and frequently you can tell they are away fans - they keep quiet but you can tell when they just sit quiet when we score. The 93:20 seats are good seats… I chose to stay when they became hospitality but it rankles that decent blues were forced out and now some of the best seats sit empty or are occupied by people who couldn’t give a damn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.