North Stand Construction Discussion

Even if they just covered them in with some composite panels and then a huge screen in front of each corner it would look better than them monstrosities!
They don't look great in the pictures,though can't say I've ever noticed them when in the ground.

They don't look great in the pictures,though can't say I've ever noticed them when in the ground.

I have when you look around mate but obviously once the players come out and the atmosphere builds then I don’t but they are hideous

Was going through the planning application and noticed this. May have been mentioned before but I haven't noticed it until now.

View attachment 77229

Seems like these 'suites' at the back of the stand are actually hotel rooms. Will you be able to watch a match from the comfort of a hotel room? Bolton style.

View attachment 77231

This diagram shows that these suites are located below the sky bar, and their seats will underneath the overhang of the sky bar seats.

"The hotel is directly linked into the Etihad Stadium North Stand and located within the eastern wing of the North Stand expansion, rising to nine storeys. It comprises 391 rooms and offers a wide range of room types – standard, deluxe, suites and accessible rooms, as well as an additional 10 flexible use Etihad Stadium Suites that overlook the pitch for an exceptional match-day experience. These 10 suites can be flexibly used as hotel rooms or hospitality space."

"A further hospitality offering is proposed on Level 4 which is referred to as the Suites. A total of 10 bespoke, high-quality suites are proposed within this area, with a capacity of c.12 individuals each. The Suites will benefit from expansive pitch views and direct dedicated bowl seating."

"A dedicated TV Studio on Levels 4 and 5 will accommodate the media operations and will have direct views out onto the pitch." - I assume this will replace those boxes in the corners of the stadium.

Another thing I have noticed is that throughout these planning documents they seem to refer to the existing L2 as 'Club Level'. Maybe when the whole of L2 eventually becomes corporate/hospitality/premium seating they will refer to it as 'Club Level', like 'Club Wembley.'
Good spot. I would imagine these boxes will be offered to the current tenants of Exec boxes in the North Stand but be available as hotel rooms on non Match Days.

As for L2 being a complete Club Level the obvious time to set this up for areas not already premium seats on L2 will be when the new North Stand opens due to the extra relocation options when the new stand seats become available.

Good spot. I would imagine these boxes will be offered to the current tenants of Exec boxes in the North Stand but be available as hotel rooms on non Match Days.

As for L2 being a complete Club Level the obvious time to set this up for areas not already premium seats on L2 will be when the new North Stand opens due to the extra relocation options when the new stand seats become available.

So basically build a home end and then fill it with people who have forced out of their seats. Sounds great

I don’t think we have the fan base to regularly fill all of these corporate areas. They often aren’t sold out now and have been full of away fans for the bigger games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.