North Stand Construction Discussion

So basically build a home end and then fill it with people who have forced out of their seats. Sounds great

I don’t think we have the fan base to regularly fill all of these corporate areas. They often aren’t sold out now and have been full of away fans for the bigger games
So basically build a home end and then fill it with people who have forced out of their seats. Sounds great

I don’t think we have the fan base to regularly fill all of these corporate areas. They often aren’t sold out now and have been full of away fans for the bigger games
I keep reading on here about there being no demand for more corporate seats which is simply not true.

They’ve been flogging £500 tickets which include a meal at the Academy, Goucho and Vermillion with no lounge facility so they are pretty confident they can sell 1200 tickets in the Sky Lounge and Players Club and the dozen or so Exec boxes in new stand.

Everybody needs to get their heads around the new stand has corporate within it.

It might not be what was hoped for but they were never going to build a new stand without it.

I’m trying to but I’m struggling to like the design of it.

I think this looks okay:
View attachment 77254
A bit like the entrance to an out of town shopping centre, but okay.

But this looks like something from downtown Murmansk:
View attachment 77255

The Co-Op Arena is already shaping up to being a proper slick design and will outclass the stadium.
100%....I jumped on the SSC forum and expected mixed opinions (even with City fans on there) but these designs have been panned.
It's a combination of poor visuals, less that inspiring designs (and that's being kind) and the breaking of that symmetry.
Do I see red brick in that entrance visual above? A hint of Asda, Central Stockport.....

100%....I jumped on the SSC forum and expected mixed opinions (even with City fans on there) but these designs have been panned.
It's a combination of poor visuals, less that inspiring designs (and that's being kind) and the breaking of that symmetry.
Do I see red brick in that entrance visual above? A hint of Asda, Central Stockport.....
It will be a fitting homage to our spiritual home then

The view of the North Stand/Stadium from Joe Mercer Way is misleading in the pics above as it's taken as you get to the crest of the rise up from Blue Car park/Forge lane. The new extensions will be a lot nearer to you at that point than shown, so will fill the view more.

At the moment, from the bottom of the hill you can only really see the roof and now Co-Op Live is there you can hardly see it at all from Philips Park until you get to this point...

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 11.34.51.png

Although this image is deceptive as it's from a camera about 8 feet in the air, so a higher view than any pedestrian would have, until they got about halfway up the rise, where it disappears even more.

The new buildings around the new City Sq will be a lot nearer to us from this view than any normal stand extension would reach, and again remembering that the very rectangular Co-Op Live is now filling/dominating the left of this picture, then the designs will IMO fit in better and compliment that end of the site. As has been said, the majority of arrivals will be from the other directions so the initial vistas of the ground for most, other than people parking in the Blue CP, won't be this one. The designs provide an excellent functional space and that's the main thing and what will set it apart.

On a not unrelated point, I've said it before but using the name Forge Lane, The Forge End etc for the new North Stand would be a great nod to the history of the site and also quite a cool name. IMO

The view of the North Stand/Stadium from Joe Mercer Way is misleading in the pics above as it's taken as you get to the crest of the rise up from Blue Car park/Forge lane. The new extensions will be a lot nearer to you at that point than shown, so will fill the view more.

At the moment, from the bottom of the hill you can only really see the roof and now Co-Op Live is there you can hardly see it at all from Philips Park until you get to this point...

View attachment 77310

On a not unrelated point, I've said it before but using the name Forge Lane, The Forge End etc for the new North Stand would be a great nod to the history of the site and also quite a cool name. IMO
So people in that end would be known as the Forgers? a name more suitable for the dippers :-)

View attachment 77310

Although this image is deceptive as it's from a camera about 8 feet in the air, so a higher view than any pedestrian would have, until they got about halfway up the rise, where it disappears even more.

The new buildings around the new City Sq will be a lot nearer to us from this view than any normal stand extension would reach, and again remembering that the very rectangular Co-Op Live is now filling/dominating the left of this picture, then the designs will IMO fit in better and compliment that end of the site. As has been said, the majority of arrivals will be from the other directions so the initial vistas of the ground for most, other than people parking in the Blue CP, won't be this one. The designs provide an excellent functional space and that's the main thing and what will set it apart.

I like it! Only thing I could come up with is The Kippax on the club questionnaire, gets my vote

Another view of the stadium that will be totally obscured by the arena. As seen from the bottom/start of Alan Turing way, which dips down to the Medlock and then back up the hill. This is the first view you get coming along Hulme Hall Lane onto AT Way. You'll now only see the stadium once passed the arena and then you'll see the hotel with LED wall facing you and the East Stand, not the North Stand frontage, whatever it looks like.

Image 01-05-2023 at 17.31.jpeg

This is the view from the Lights at Briscoe Lane, just before that...

Unknown-1.jpeg

Even with the Gas Holder gone there's no real view of the North Stand/stadium from that direction anyway. Who needs iconic looking?

Another view of the stadium that will be totally obscured by the arena. As seen from the bottom/start of Alan Turing way, which dips down to the Medlock and then back up the hill. This is the first view you get coming along Hulme Hall Lane onto AT Way. You'll now only see the stadium once passed the arena and then you'll see the hotel with LED wall facing you and the East Stand, not the North Stand frontage, whatever it looks like.

View attachment 77327

This is the view from the Lights at Briscoe Lane, just before that...

View attachment 77329

Even with the Gas Holder gone there's no real view of the North Stand/stadium from that direction anyway. Who needs iconic looking?

Oh well. We should have cancelled the arena and all expansions to avoid this travesty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.