North Stand Construction Discussion

I never said there would be an amendment needed.

As you say, City can change the seating configuration if they want to.

The ambulant seating won't be moved as it's located 4 rows below the exits/entrances , and on the bottom rows of the 2 lowest corner blocks above the exits/entrances

I don't see why a row dedicated to ambulant seating is the issue now. Interpretation of what the hospitality section is is one thing. Ambulant provision is a whole other thing. And covers a whole range of various impairments or conditions, could be as hardcore as any other blue. Could be the loudest guy you'd ever met, with a colostomy bag nobody knows about. Could be a buoyant blue that damaged their hip invading the pitch. It is not a provision detrimental to the atmosphere.

A bit dismissive (at best) of the fans who need the ambulant seats surely. Why can't they be 'hardcore' fans (whatever that actually means)?
I would add GA+ fans to that as well, I was initially opposed to those 600 seats being where they are, but having read some good honest & open debate on here, I now find myself thinking as long as there’s no extension to this area (which is the important part) which may result in supporters being moved, then what’s the harm ? Those going in there will know prior to purchasing what the stand is all about, if they don’t sing we can sing at em :) I can’t see it being a place where players families etc go, they’ll be up top, just a place where fans don’t mind paying a few quid extra to avoid the queues & have access to better facilities, they will be good seats to be fair

If the club were to get its way, I see a future of L2 all corporate and L2 North Stand posh seating with priority bar and match programme. No season ticket admission just match day only at £150 a pop. Expanded CB and East Stands all matchday admission only . Season tickets to reduce down to 20000 through natural wastage and all remaining 42000 seats split between corporate/posh and matchday admission only. That’s the dream ticket as far as the club is concerned in my view and we must fight to prevent it.

I think one or two people are now fishing.

When did I say it was an issue?

This is what I posted.

Behind the 'hospitality seats' will be a full row of ambulant seating.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

At no point did I say ambulant seating is an issue and it shouldn't be there. I said it's located there because it's 4 rows below the exits, which gives easy access to people. (who have walking difficulties)

If the club were to get its way, I see a future of L2 all corporate and L2 North Stand posh seating with priority bar and match programme. No season ticket admission just match day only at £150 a pop. Expanded CB and East Stands all matchday admission only . Season tickets to reduce down to 20000 through natural wastage and all remaining 42000 seats split between corporate/posh and matchday admission only. That’s the dream ticket as far as the club is concerned in my view and we must fight to prevent it.

There would be a lot of empty seats if that was the case.

You totally invented an extreme and unlikely scenario, then decided we must fight it.One giant straw man there.

I think one or two people are now fishing.

When did I say it was an issue?

This is what I posted.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

At no point did I say ambulant seating is an issue and it shouldn't be there. I said it's located there because it's 4 rows below the exits, which gives easy access to people. (who have walking difficulties)

If I am one of those, I can only speak for myself and if I have misunderstood and responded accordingly, then my bad. I read it as a part of an overall point that L2 won't have the right atmosphere. I can see I am not alone in that, but if that's not what you were suggesting, then yeah what I said has no real relevance.

Reactions: jrb
There isn't going to be 9000 hardcore fans in L2.

And if anyone thinks the centre block seats behind the hospitality and ambulant seats are going to be cheap and affordable, you can think again.

At the back of L2 will be a row of suites, a hotel room with seating outside on a terrace.

L2 certainly won't replicate the noise, songs and support that has been generated on SSL1 this season, which is the nearest thing we currently have to a home end.
Thanks for the info Mr Soriano

I think this is a gross generalisation and is largely an exaggeration of the facts…. The overwhelming majority of those in L2 of the new North stand will be passionate blues with a smattering of hospitality / corporate - numbering circa 750.
He's just being a winging ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.